ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

Tommy Robinson Arrested

2 hours ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

I have no idea what you mean.

I’m pretty stupid feel free to explain further

. You know exactly who 'they' are ..Pakistani Muslim men who have been hugely over-represented in cases of rape and torture of thousands of non-Muslim British girls (including brown-skinned Sikhs no less, so bang goes your racist narrative) across over 70 towns and cities up and down the UK..?

16 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27186573

A little less flattering view of this objectionable man, "there is no free speech without consequences"

But Islamic hate preachers (Abdul Hamza and the likes) stood on British streets for years citing hate and violence to the non-believers before they were arrested.

Why is that??

Edited by WeegieDave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WeegieDave said:

But Islamic hate preachers (Abdul Hamza and the likes) stood on British streets for years citing hate and violence to the non-believers before they were arrested.

Why is that??

I am waiting for a response to this question too. Can you imagine if you or I did that in the Middle East.  We would be arrested on the spot.  

Edited by Toots

9 minutes ago, WeegieDave said:

Why is that??

Because they were exercising their right "to freedom of speech",

Ouch!

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Like 1

No good being disingenuous as you probably know exactly who they are.  In case you don't, they were gangs of Pakistani men preying on young girls.  What they were getting up to was swept under the carpet for years   ..............................  for reasons I just can't understand.

Utter incompetence mainly by both the police and social services. Don’t let yourself be fooled by claims that they weren’t allowed to offend the Pakistani community because that is complete garbage

Police and social services incompetence isn’t r served purely for gangs of Pakistani sex criminals just remember that

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

Utter incompetence mainly by both the police and social services. Don’t let yourself be fooled by claims that they weren’t allowed to offend the Pakistani community because that is complete garbage

Police and social services incompetence isn’t r served purely for gangs of Pakistani sex criminals just remember that

The enquiry concluded that this was a major element regrettably.  Whilst the extremists are prone to exaggeration it is not a credible counter to just deny that a fear of being perceived as racist was not a factor.  To do so you almost certainly cause the same thing to keep on happening.

There was a culture issue at play too.  If the voices of moderation and self-confessed liberals do not start facing the facts then the extremists win the argument by default.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-28942986

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

2 hours ago, Toots said:

I am waiting for a response to this question too. Can you imagine if you or I did that in the Middle East.  We would be arrested on the spot.  

I posited an answer earlier in the thread.  Not saying it was the answer but it is a while lot more credible than the one being put forward by Weston.  That is that this is a Conservative Government plot to implement Sharia Law ffc.

Edited by Gbye grey sky

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

I know this is a very heated topic but let’s not get personal. I am sure we can all debate without turning to personal insults.

Thanks

Admin

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

1 hour ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

I don’t know about other areas but my mum worked in West Yorkshire in Domestic Violence, her two work colleagues one from Bradford and the other lady from Pakistan. They heard what was happening they tried to get help but no one would listen. In a wicked twist of fate one of these colleagues own daughter was groomed/raped. The daughter wouldn’t tell anyone as she was so embarrassed especially as her mum worked in this area. Eventually she opened up to my mum and it all came out. The details were .... well I won’t even go there... All I can say is my mum is now the most racist person you could ever meet.

Unfortunately Bradford and Leeds became known as the area with a white minority, they were slowly pushed out. Families of Muslims would buy up all the houses on the streets and they soon became ghettos. You had people living in those streets who had fought in the wars for their country who were now outcasts. This bitterness slowly got passed down the generations.

I am not racist at all and agree with @Toots in that I don’t get dragged in to the Right/Left whatever debates. I have my opinions and sometimes I even contradict myself. I will never try and push my feelings/thoughts to my children or others.

Something I do find funny on the forum is when people who haven’t lived in the UK for over 10 years seem to know what it is like for those left behind. All we do is listen to other people’s opinions whether it be media/family/friends and make our minds up on something that is not affecting our current life. We tend to breed anger and hatred and demand others feel the same and if they don’t then they are also treat with contempt.

• Like 2

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

On 13/05/2017 at 05:42, simmo said:

what ones where they?

The ones he pleaded guilty to.

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•  

6 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

It is not as if these offences were not known about at the time Tommy Robinson was doing his reporting.  And it is not as though you and the Tommy Robinson’s of this world are uniquely outraged.

However this is about ensuring that the perpetrators face justice for their crimes.  Robinson’s actions, inadvertent or not, were more likely ensuring that justice would not be served.  An own goal, surely.

From what I have read about this particular incident , it was said that by reading out the names of those accused he could jeopardise the case and they would not get a fair trial , he was reading a list of names from the bbc website which was also readily avalible on line and also on the court list for that day , if this is the case should he be locked up or is this the establishment trying to silence him for what ever reason ?

A bit rich for a country that is supposed to belive in free speech. 

Edited by Rallyman

4 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Because they were exercising their right "to freedom of speech",

Ouch!

But Tommy Robinson can’t ? 

4 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

But Tommy Robinson can’t ? 

I was pointing out freedom of speech cuts both ways for extremists at both ends of the hate spectrum and if you espouse that as a rationale then you have to live with the bits you don't like.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

From what I have read about this particular incident , it was said that by reading out the names of those accused he could jeopardise the case and they would not get a fair trial , he was reading a list of names from the bbc website which was also readily avalible on line and also on the court list for that day , if this is the case should he be locked up or is this the establishment trying to silence him for what ever reason ?

A bit rich for a country that is supposed to belive in free speech. 

Tommy Robinson himself, has been saying that the Authorities will try silence him by prison or death and he has almost resigned himself to being killed.

Aside from him speaking out against Pakistani rape gangs and concerns of Islamification of Britain he has been a big protester against the suppression of free speech.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I was pointing out freedom of speech cuts both ways for extremists at both ends of the hate spectrum and if you espouse that as a rationale then you have to live with the bits you don't like.

I agree it has to be a level playing field . 

What I don’t understand is why was everything all brushed under the table , it’s taken somebody like Sara Rowbotham to actually stand up and tell the world what went on but she was made to be the scapegoat goat , 

6 hours ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

Purely because I find it incredible how much support a cretinous individual such as Robinson seems to have on this thread

I have listened to him and although I dont agree with everything he says there are a lot of home truths that the politicians are to scared to debate or talk about.

• Like 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

I agree it has to be a level playing field . 

What I don’t understand is why was everything all brushed under the table , it’s taken somebody like Sara Rowbotham to actually stand up and tell the world what went on but she was made to be the scapegoat goat , 

I take your point and can only assume that Councils are now very multi race organisations and senior officers were/are unwilling to confront Councillors with unpalatable truths for fear of their jobs, in which case the quality of people at senior level has gone down even further than it was when I left almost 20 years ago, and it was pretty poor then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WeegieDave said:

Tommy Robinson himself, has been saying that the Authorities will try silence him by prison or death and he has almost resigned himself to being killed.

Aside from him speaking out against Pakistani rape gangs and concerns of Islamification of Britain he has been a big protester against the suppression of free speech.

Where is this suppression of free speech, if you mean he is not allowed to make hate filled speeches full of stigmatising accusations based on generalisations then yes that kind of vilification of groups is not allowed by law, if he means that he can hold religious beliefs about the literal interpretation of the bible then he can probably spout those all day long.

As for the establishment getting rid of him, that seems very unlikely with a Prime Minister who introduced a 'hostile environment' for anyone considered to be an illegal immigrant and a party that considered Enoch Powell as one of their own,  I doubt he even registers on their radar.

6 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I take your point and can only assume that Councils are now very multi race organisations and senior officers were/are unwilling to confront Councillors with unpalatable truths for fear of their jobs, in which case the quality of people at senior level has gone down even further than it was when I left almost 20 years ago, and it was pretty poor then.

So why were they in fear of their jobs if it was known the law was been broken and then make the whistle blower a scapegoat and sack her , as it’s unfolded 1000’s of young girls are victims across the uk 

yet the main steam media are being told not to report it why ? 

You are asking where is the suppression of free speech , the fact he has been arrested makes this point , if he has been arrested why has nobody from bbc been too they put the list of names up in public domaine . 

The whole thing is a big cover up to appease the political correct because the first thing that is said you are a racist if you dare make a comment 

Edited by Rallyman

36 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

So why were they in fear of their jobs if it was known the law was been broken and then make the whistle blower a scapegoat and sack her , as it’s unfolded 1000’s of young girls are victims across the uk 

You are asking where is the suppression of free speech , the fact he has been arrested makes this point , if he has been arrested why has nobody from bbc been too they put the list of names up in public domaine . 

The whole thing is a big cover up to appease the political correct because the first thing that is said you are a racist if you dare make a comment 

Conspiracy theories everywhere.

This explained it as posted earlier

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/25/what-has-happened-to-poor-tommy-robinson/

Try to read something which has an explanation other than just asserting everyone has the freedom to say and do what they like without consequences.

You seem to never read and internalise any facts or opinions that conflict with any of the opinions you read on hate filled websites from across the hate filled blogosphere.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MarkRinOz said:

. You know exactly who 'they' are ..Pakistani Muslim men who have been hugely over-represented in cases of rape and torture of thousands of non-Muslim British girls (including brown-skinned Sikhs no less, so bang goes your racist narrative) across over 70 towns and cities up and down the UK..?

Thousands?

Where did that figure come from?

20 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Conspiracy theories everywhere.

This explained it as posted earlier

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/25/what-has-happened-to-poor-tommy-robinson/

Try to read something which has an explanation other than just asserting everyone has the freedom to say and do what they like without consequences.

You seem to never read and internalise any facts or opinions that conflict with any of the opinions you read on hate filled websites from across the hate filled blogosphere.

Seriously right about all these extreme conspiracy theories.  When I was young there was only the JFK assassination conspiracy theory.  Since the X Files was broadcast and the expansion of the internet every wingnut on the planet shares their dumb views with all the other wingnuts and then they are picked up and circulated by the credulous.

The best hope is that all this stuff will consume itself in the end and all the credulous dimwits with their limited attention spans will get bored and go back to their computer games, reality TV or contemplating their own navels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

This explains it clearly

15. Do you have to be so snarky in your lawsplaining? Aren’t you just turning off people who you need to convince?

This is a fair question. Ordinarily, I do my best in these posts to embrace rather than alienate in an effort to explain or persuade. But cases like this, involving co-ordinated transnational campaigns disseminating blatant falsehoods about our legal system and gaslighting the public are, I feel, different. And call for a different approach. As I see it, there are two types of people currently propagating the Free Tommy Robinson myths: far-right sympathisers deliberately sowing discord and falsehoods, whose concern for due process is a cipher for hero-worship of a racist cult leader; and good people confused and worried about what they’ve heard about the “threat to free speech” posed by the overbearing English and Welsh justice system. The first category are never going to be swayed by facts or rational argument. That is plain from their every interaction on social media, and their every appearance on Fox News. Their motives are clear, their integrity irretrievable and they are not only beyond reach but, frankly, not worth the effort. The second group will, I hope, realise from this explanation that the toga party they have wandered into is in fact a Klan meeting, and will understand the urgency and frustration that underpins the argument.

However the reality is that most people out in the world are probably paying little attention to the ballad of St Tommy, but may form partial views based on what snippets they read and hear. I want this – the truth – to be that snippet. If the key to turning up the online volume is a snappy tone and uncompromising beatdown of idiots and liars, then that’s the game I’ll play.

• Like 1