You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

A MUSLIM felt “degraded”

A MUSLIM diner says he felt “degraded” after he was served pulled pork on his side of chilli fries by staff at a pub.

Speaking with the Birmingham Mail, the 39-year-old truck driver admits he never asked staff what kind of meat was used in the dish and assumed it was chicken.

Mr Ali, who ordered a beef burger along with the side of fries, said he ate about a quarter of the dish before checking with the waitress.

He says when he complained staff apologised and gave the children in his party free desserts.

Should the pub apologize? 

nintchdbpict000322322620.jpg?strip=all&w

feeling "degraded"

Wtf. If true, It's his responsibility to tell staff he doesn't eat pork. And if it was stated in the menu then he should have read it properly. Just more things blown out of proportion.

• Like 5

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Poor man... He must be traumatised. Lets ban all pork from our menu's just to go along with banning the word 'Easter' from chocolate eggs and the word 'Christmas' from our festive celebrations. We can't have our poor victimised Muslim communities getting offended. O.o

• Like 6

Can't believe the dope went straight to the media.  Yawn.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WeegieDave said:

Poor man... He must be traumatised. Lets ban all pork from our menu's just to go along with banning the word 'Easter' from chocolate eggs and the word 'Christmas' from our festive celebrations. We can't have our poor victimised Muslim communities getting offended. O.o

THats just it mate, the lettuce brigade and the fair minded have let this creep into society and become acceptable and then minority groups play on the religious hate card. I don't eat from kebab shops as the big long hairy faced staff members offend me and there's a hygiene issue. This is me being honest not racist/religousist or what ever ist they can think of.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WeegieDave said:

What exactly, is the relationship between chocolate eggs and the crucifixion of Christ?

I do wonder when all those who are so quick to defend Christianity last set foot in a church for a reason other than wedding, christening or funeral.

Edited by newjez

4 hours ago, Sunset said:

THats just it mate, the lettuce brigade and the fair minded have let this creep into society and become acceptable and then minority groups play on the religious hate card. I don't eat from kebab shops as the big long hairy faced staff members offend me and there's a hygiene issue. This is me being honest not racist/religousist or what ever ist they can think of.

This is a non story. I Can't even believe they ran with it.

3 minutes ago, newjez said:

What exactly, is the relationship between chocolate eggs and the crucifixion of Christ?

I do wonder when all those who are so quick to defend Christianity last set foot in a church for a reason other than wedding, christening or funeral.

America.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newjez said:

?

6 minutes ago, Sunset said:

?

I just think it is a silly man making something of nothing, his local paper picked it up as it had a slow news day, and then the sun took it national because it is about Muslims.

If you are vegetarian or you have food allergies or you have strong religious beliefs, then you check. If it's important to you then you check. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, newjez said:

A non event you mean.  Unfortunately the pub management (and local community cohesion leaders) will be self flagellating to within an inch of their life for the heinous crime of allowing a  muslim to eat something forbidden under islamic law.

58 minutes ago, newjez said:

That's the problem with 24 hr on line news, editors are desperate for material.

When I was doing admin work in London many years agomy boss was Jewish but I didn't realise that at the time.  I got him a ham salad sandwich one day for his lunch.  Poor bloke - but he didn't make a fuss.  His name was Steven Bennett.  I think I would have twigged if his name had been more Jewish sounding

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newjez said:

Dunno mate, I'm not religious and not defending Christianity but why is a country where the vast majority of religious people are Christians having to take words relating to their religious celebrations and belief out of their celebrations such as Easter and Christmas because a religious minority say so? Any why go to the media becase he ate pork due to not reading the menu properly? Are the bar staff supposed to know that he is a muslim?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newjez said:

If you are vegetarian or you have food allergies or you have strong religious beliefs, then you check. If it's important to you then you check. 

This.  If what you eat is important to you then you check.  If the menu isn't clear then you ask.  Why should the people in the restaurant make assumptions about his religious beliefs?  I'm sure they would have accomodated his need to not eat pork if he had told them he didn't eat it, but you can't assume someone's religion by what they look like.  

Although I have to ask why would you serve pulled pork with chilli fries and a burger?

• Like 1

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.

Dale Carnegie – 1888-1955, Author and Lecturer

attention seeking, will be forgotton about tomorrow when the press find some other sh*te to report!

I though going to the pub was Haram.

• Like 2

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

11 hours ago, WeegieDave said:

Dunno mate, I'm not religious and not defending Christianity but why is a country where the vast majority of religious people are Christians having to take words relating to their religious celebrations and belief out of their celebrations such as Easter and Christmas because a religious minority say so? Any why go to the media becase he ate pork due to not reading the menu properly? Are the bar staff supposed to know that he is a muslim?

I tend to agree, but I also noticed that few complain when our religious celebrations are taken over by corporations. They ceased to be religious events long ago. They take the words Christmas and Easter away not because of minority religious beliefs. They take the words away because the corporations want to sell to a greater population.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Toots said:

When I was doing admin work in London many years agomy boss was Jewish but I didn't realise that at the time.  I got him a ham salad sandwich one day for his lunch.  Poor bloke - but he didn't make a fuss.  His name was Steven Bennett.  I think I would have twigged if his name had been more Jewish sounding

My son has a Jewish friend. We checked if there were any special dietary requirements when he came to tea, and they said no, all those restrictions were put in place before we had proper food handling and storage facilities and were no longer applicable and only practiced by zealots.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, amibovered said:

I though going to the pub was Haram.

I did think that strange, and it would seem strange that food served in a pub would be halal.

• Like 1