Child Visa 101

On 23/06/2018 at 18:15, laevans said:

Hey guys how long did your child 101 visas take? We’re starting to panic as it’s saying I’m website 10 months + !! We frontloaded everything including medicals (thanks Brock for help), and spoke to emigration department and confirmed they have everything and don’t require any further info from us! We don’t go until October but I’m getting twitchy now! X 

i have submitted my daughter's child visa in May2018 but there has been no update as yet from the immgration. when i called they said it could take between 14-18 months to approve.

• 4 months later...
On 16/02/2019 at 21:40, natandkev24 said:

We submitted 101 visa in November 2018, still waiting to be assigned case officer. I've rang the Canberra office for more info but the only thing they can say is the processing time can be up to 14 months 😤😤

Hi. Very similar situation to you: myself, wife and eldest have PR’s and we are currently back in the UK after living in Australia for a year. We want to go back and need a visa for our youngest who was born here. How long did your 101 take in the end? 

Did you consider a visitor visa then applying for the 802 onshore? I know this is not the conventional route but I’m yet to find a thread where this way WASNT successful.

Any advice is welcomed 

Edited by Ben P

On 20/08/2018 at 02:05, brock79 said:

Hi, I believe this is the email address we used, I can't say whether it's still valid or not though: familymigrationlondon@dfat.gov.au

Good to hear that you're moving over soon.  Our daughter is in Settlers Hills Primary which seems a good school.  We didn't like the look of Makybe Rise but that was only from the outside when driving past so I can't really say how the school is. Obviously with Mother Teresa and Tranby you need to pay for those schools, Tranby is next door to Settlers Hills Primary and seems to have better reviews than Mother Teresa, but that's only what I have read online.

The school sizes are certainly different over here, our daughters primary school in the UK had about 180 kids in it, the schools over here seem to have about 700-900 pupils!

Had it all been good for you since your return? We are in a similar boat: we lived in Aus for a year with PR visas along with our son and less than two years from arriving back in the UK we are weighing up a return!

• 1 month later...
On 21/03/2018 at 10:13, brock79 said:

Hi,

If you do decide to front load your Medicals you can get your HAP ID before submitting your visa application.

You need to log into your online Immi account and from memory you select New Application, then find "My Health Declarations" and then you select what main visa category you're applying for (i.e. Child 101 Visa), you then just complete the details and at the end it gives you a HAP ID number.  You can then book your medicals with this number and you complete the HAP ID number on your Visa application which they will match up when processing it.

I had to to do this for 2 Child Visa's for my children, we needed to front load as we only had 1 year RRV's so were short of time.  I rang the medical place for an appointment and they couldn't give us one without the HAP ID's, I then found out you could generate them on your online Immi account as I've mentioned above.

With regards paying for the visas. One of the forms you fill in for the child visa, 40CH or 47CH etc has a section for your bank/card details. You fill that in and they take payment from your account. They were very quick at taking the payment!

We have our shippers coming this Thurs and Friday and we fly out to Perth on 25th April! All very stressful, daunting, exciting at the same time. I often think we must be mad doing all this, again! Although didn’t have any kids the first time. 

Hope the above helps you x

Hi,

When login to ImmiAccount , Under "My Health Declarations" we do not have  subclass visa option 101. Has this been removed? What category visa we need to apply HapID under? We are trying to front load midecals for our kid. 

On 08/07/2019 at 03:41, Ben P said:

Had it all been good for you since your return? We are in a similar boat: we lived in Aus for a year with PR visas along with our son and less than two years from arriving back in the UK we are weighing up a return!

Yes so far so good, we've been back in Oz for 16 months, our 6 year old daughter is settled in School and we also have a nearly 3 year old son.

I still have days where I want to be back in the UK and with our family, who knows what the future holds.  Sadly I think once you've lived in both countries you are never truly settled.

5 hours ago, vvnitt said:

Hi,

When login to ImmiAccount , Under "My Health Declarations" we do not have  subclass visa option 101. Has this been removed? What category visa we need to apply HapID under? We are trying to front load midecals for our kid. 

I can't help you unfortunately as it's been a long time since I have needed to log in to the ImmiAcount and the Health Declarations etc but yes as far as I'm aware the Child 101 visa still exists.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,
We applied for child visa 101, case opened and requested documents and advised to submit through web page link. We all the documents as requested. Two weeks gone. If any one how many days they will take to give decision? Please share your experience
Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2020 at 18:55, Sri6021 said:

Hi guys,
We applied for child visa 101, case opened and requested documents and advised to submit through web page link. We all the documents as requested. Two weeks gone. If any one how many days they will take to give decision? Please share your experience
Thank you

5 weeks when I did mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!! 

Can anyone offer me a little bit of help, me and my wife got PR back in 2013 and emigrated the same year. We stayed for a year before we had to return due to my fathers ill health. We’re now looking to move back with our two children who aren’t on our original visa(they’re 2 & 4) and I just need some help on what to do next. We obviously need to apply for a RRV but we also need to apply for 2x child visa’s...which should I do first?!

Thanks in advance 

Chris 

42 minutes ago, chrishardy said:

Hello!! 

Can anyone offer me a little bit of help, me and my wife got PR back in 2013 and emigrated the same year. We stayed for a year before we had to return due to my fathers ill health. We’re now looking to move back with our two children who aren’t on our original visa(they’re 2 & 4) and I just need some help on what to do next. We obviously need to apply for a RRV but we also need to apply for 2x child visa’s...which should I do first?

You have to see if you can get a RRV first.  On paper, you wouldn't qualify for one, unless there's more you're not mentioning.

I assume your original travel facility expired in 2018. Therefore to get a RRV, you must be able to demonstrate "strong ties to Australia of benefit to the country".   

If you can't demonstrate strong ties, then it doesn't matter how compelling your reasons for leaving were, they count for nothing.

The good news is that we have seen people like you get their RRV even though their chances seemed low.  So it's worth a shot.  Once you get your RRV, then you can apply for the child visas.   However, since you're on very shaky ground right now, I would invest the money in a good migration agent to develop some strategies.

• 4 months later...

Hi. 

We applied for my sons 101 visa in March just before the lock down started. Had to do a paper application and send to the London office. 

We recived an e mail saying that they have recived the paperwork. Shortly after we recived an e mail saying it has been recived in the Belgrade office. 

We have no way of checking anything due to it being a paper application. So no info on my immi account. 

If any1 knows how to check the que or and tips,  this would be greatly appreciated. 

I know it's early days yet and this covid is still in full swing it said on the website 10 - 16 months. Now it's doesn't state anything

Stay safe 

• 4 months later...

Hey folks. My Wife is Australian (I’m British) and we’ve been eyeing a move from the UK to Australia. Looks like my 309/100 visa will be the most challenging in terms of timeline, but for our kids is there any reason we should be considering a 101 visa instead of going straight for citizenship? Citizenship and Passport seem to be much quicker and cheaper, but want to make sure there’s not something we’re missing/misunderstanding in terms of timeline or complexity when applying from overseas. Thanks!

On 09/11/2020 at 21:18, Robin’s Emigrating said:

Hey folks. My Wife is Australian (I’m British) and we’ve been eyeing a move from the UK to Australia. Looks like my 309/100 visa will be the most challenging in terms of timeline, but for our kids is there any reason we should be considering a 101 visa instead of going straight for citizenship? Citizenship and Passport seem to be much quicker and cheaper, but want to make sure there’s not something we’re missing/misunderstanding in terms of timeline or complexity when applying from overseas. Thanks!

I can't see why you would apply for a 101 visa.  The children are eligible for citizenship, so just go for that.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 07/07/2019 at 20:37, Ben P said:

Hi. Very similar situation to you: myself, wife and eldest have PR’s and we are currently back in the UK after living in Australia for a year. We want to go back and need a visa for our youngest who was born here. How long did your 101 take in the end? 

Did you consider a visitor visa then applying for the 802 onshore? I know this is not the conventional route but I’m yet to find a thread where this way WASNT successful.

Any advice is welcomed 

Hi Ben

How did you get along with the process. I'm in a similar position as you were. 
Did you take your child to Aus on a visit visa and apply on shore? My 189 expires in Jan 2022 and we are thinking of flying in Sep this year? I didnt realise Subclass 101 would take so long to process. 

In the end I applied for a subclass 600 and I made it clear in the application my intention was to apply for a subclass 802 onshore. They subsequently granted my youngest a 12 month subclass600.

in reiterated the fact myself and wife and eldest son all hold PR’ visas. 

Hope this helps 

• Like 1

Thanks Ben

I guess I'll have to do the same. 

How long did it take for you to get a subclass 600? I'd rather apply now than wait for Sep.
Sorry to ask so many questions. I'm looking at different visa options and so far a subclass 600 looks like the way forward.  

It took about 80-90 days which was the guided processing time on the immi website. 

Also worth nothing I got a RRV that is valid for 1 year as I my travel facility was expiring in May this year. 

This also took a while to process. 

Edited by Ben P

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I need some information about child visa 101 (offshore).

I’d like to apply child visa 101 for my children over 18 yo. 

I'm Indonesian and my husband is Australian. We're lived in Australia.

At this moment I hold a temporary partner visa (309), I’ve applied my PR (100)  in June 2021.

My question are:

1.  Can I apply for a child visa 101 at this moment, or I have to wait until my PR visa is granted?

2.  If the answer is i have to wait for my PR is granted first, can my husband be a sponsor anymore (for my children visa)?

3.  If the answer is I can apply for a child visa right now,  the sponsor is must be my husband?

Thanks

Vanie