Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone can help, me and my wife got permanent residency back in 2014 and we moved to Perth and lived there for 11 months before returning home due to family issues. We now want to return back and we now have 2 young children who we need to get visas for.

I contacted the Australian embassy regarding child visa’s about 6 months ago and they said it was straight forward and I just needed to complete the 101 visa etc

They never said it would be roughly £1750 per child, which is what I’m seeing online, is this normally the case? 

Thanks

Chris

 

 


IELTS 09/03/13 SKILLS ASSESSMENT 12/06/13 EOI & WA SS LODGED 17/06/13 WA SS APPROVED 24/06/13 INVITATION RECEIVED 25/06/13 VISA LODGED 25/06/13 POLICE CHECKS 04/07/13 MEDICALS 10/07/13 ​CASE OFFICER?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes sadly that's correct, it's approx £1,500 for a Child Visa, we just had to get 2 for our children, one of which was under 12 months old!  You'd think they could just be added to the parents visa's these days but sadly not!

You need to complete all forms required for the 101 Visa by hand (Form 40, Form 47 & the Form to be completed by your partner granting permissions to take the kids, even if you're married and all going together!), they only accept paper versions at present.  I'm sure it will move to online one day...

We've paid over £4k for our child visa's and 2 RRV's etc and we're still not sure if we're going to go back!  Expensive past time doing this and still having major struggles with the decision!

Edited by brock79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2017 at 01:07, DukeNinja said:

This is what our thought process was. We did do the medicals, apart from the X-ray for my wife, and had uploaded everything. However, we were granted the 189 without the X-ray having been done (extremely rare). So we ended up having to submit a 101.

I did email DIPB and request that our application be put on hold until after the birth, but it appears that this was ignored.

Exactly same thing just happened to us, I postponed my chest X-ray as pregnant but they granted without it anyway so we’re having to do the seperate Visa now for baby when he’s born sometime next month! X


IELTS Test sat 4th March 2017!! 9, 9, 9, 7.5 (grrrr) needed superior! PTE exam booked June 15th praying for top marks. TOP MARKS RECeived!! 90, 90, 90, 90!! 

CPA back 20th April, all positive resulrs from CPA. 

Management accountant 189 applied for currently sat on 75 as of 16th June 

190 applied with 75+5 as of 16th June 17! 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2017 at 16:59, brock79 said:

I should say that we've frontloaded the kids visas with medicals which were done in Manchester last week, so hopefully that will speed things up a bit. 

Hey sorry to jump on an old thread! I’m just doing my little boys visa app now he’s only two weeks old! How did you manage to get a medical done before they requested one? Did you not require a HAP ID etc before hand or is it different for babies? I would love to send my application off with medical etc done to speed everything up!

also how did you pay the London embassy - I can’t find and info on the price of visa or how to pay it! Wish it was all online based like our 189 permanent visa! Lol! Thanks xxx


IELTS Test sat 4th March 2017!! 9, 9, 9, 7.5 (grrrr) needed superior! PTE exam booked June 15th praying for top marks. TOP MARKS RECeived!! 90, 90, 90, 90!! 

CPA back 20th April, all positive resulrs from CPA. 

Management accountant 189 applied for currently sat on 75 as of 16th June 

190 applied with 75+5 as of 16th June 17! 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, laevans said:

Hey sorry to jump on an old thread! I’m just doing my little boys visa app now he’s only two weeks old! How did you manage to get a medical done before they requested one? Did you not require a HAP ID etc before hand or is it different for babies? I would love to send my application off with medical etc done to speed everything up!

also how did you pay the London embassy - I can’t find and info on the price of visa or how to pay it! Wish it was all online based like our 189 permanent visa! Lol! Thanks xxx

Hi,

If you do decide to front load your Medicals you can get your HAP ID before submitting your visa application.

You need to log into your online Immi account and from memory you select New Application, then find "My Health Declarations" and then you select what main visa category you're applying for (i.e. Child 101 Visa), you then just complete the details and at the end it gives you a HAP ID number.  You can then book your medicals with this number and you complete the HAP ID number on your Visa application which they will match up when processing it.

I had to to do this for 2 Child Visa's for my children, we needed to front load as we only had 1 year RRV's so were short of time.  I rang the medical place for an appointment and they couldn't give us one without the HAP ID's, I then found out you could generate them on your online Immi account as I've mentioned above.

With regards paying for the visas. One of the forms you fill in for the child visa, 40CH or 47CH etc has a section for your bank/card details. You fill that in and they take payment from your account. They were very quick at taking the payment!

We have our shippers coming this Thurs and Friday and we fly out to Perth on 25th April! All very stressful, daunting, exciting at the same time. I often think we must be mad doing all this, again! Although didn’t have any kids the first time. 

Hope the above helps you x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/03/2018 at 23:13, brock79 said:

Hi,

If you do decide to front load your Medicals you can get your HAP ID before submitting your visa application.

You need to log into your online Immi account and from memory you select New Application, then find "My Health Declarations" and then you select what main visa category you're applying for (i.e. Child 101 Visa), you then just complete the details and at the end it gives you a HAP ID number.  You can then book your medicals with this number and you complete the HAP ID number on your Visa application which they will match up when processing it.

I had to to do this for 2 Child Visa's for my children, we needed to front load as we only had 1 year RRV's so were short of time.  I rang the medical place for an appointment and they couldn't give us one without the HAP ID's, I then found out you could generate them on your online Immi account as I've mentioned above.

With regards paying for the visas. One of the forms you fill in for the child visa, 40CH or 47CH etc has a section for your bank/card details. You fill that in and they take payment from your account. They were very quick at taking the payment!

We have our shippers coming this Thurs and Friday and we fly out to Perth on 25th April! All very stressful, daunting, exciting at the same time. I often think we must be mad doing all this, again! Although didn’t have any kids the first time. 

Hope the above helps you x

Thanks so so much for this!! I will go generate a HAP ID NOW! How long did the child’s visa take to come back? We leave for Perth 18th October! 

Oh wow not long at all!! Where in Perth are you heading? We’re looking at Baldivis! You’ll have to keep in touch and tell us how it’s all going! 


IELTS Test sat 4th March 2017!! 9, 9, 9, 7.5 (grrrr) needed superior! PTE exam booked June 15th praying for top marks. TOP MARKS RECeived!! 90, 90, 90, 90!! 

CPA back 20th April, all positive resulrs from CPA. 

Management accountant 189 applied for currently sat on 75 as of 16th June 

190 applied with 75+5 as of 16th June 17! 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, laevans said:

Thanks so so much for this!! I will go generate a HAP ID NOW! How long did the child’s visa take to come back? We leave for Perth 18th October! 

Oh wow not long at all!! Where in Perth are you heading? We’re looking at Baldivis! You’ll have to keep in touch and tell us how it’s all going! 

No problem at all, hope you managed to get the HAP ID's sorted.

From memory our child visa's were submitted in July and they were granted in September.  After ours were granted I had heard they were taking longer to process but I don't know if that's the case now or not.  I had to email them and plead that ours be dealt with as we were running out of time with our 1 year RRV's, thankfully they listened and dealt with it soon after I emailed the London office.

Funnily enough we're heading to Baldivis or surrounding areas as well!  We've booked a 4 week furnished rental in Port Kennedy and will be looking for a long term rental around Baldivis, Secret Harbour etc when we get there.

Keep in touch and we may see you there!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot believe we maybe in the same areas!!!! So excited! How old are your little ones! Mine are 4 years old & 2 weeks old, both boys! Have to add us on Facebook and keep in touch! Who did you use for your container, we’ve just booked PSS! X 


IELTS Test sat 4th March 2017!! 9, 9, 9, 7.5 (grrrr) needed superior! PTE exam booked June 15th praying for top marks. TOP MARKS RECeived!! 90, 90, 90, 90!! 

CPA back 20th April, all positive resulrs from CPA. 

Management accountant 189 applied for currently sat on 75 as of 16th June 

190 applied with 75+5 as of 16th June 17! 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, laevans said:

I cannot believe we maybe in the same areas!!!! So excited! How old are your little ones! Mine are 4 years old & 2 weeks old, both boys! Have to add us on Facebook and keep in touch! Who did you use for your container, we’ve just booked PSS! X 

Our daughter turns 5 in May and our son is 18 months old.

We had quotes from Doree Bonner, PSS and Britannia removals but we went with Doree Bonner in the end.  They were good at this end but I'll reserve judgement until we see it all in Oz! ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 02:51, brock79 said:
Our daughter turns 5 in May and our son is 18 months old.
We had quotes from Doree Bonner, PSS and Britannia removals but we went with Doree Bonner in the end.  They were good at this end but I'll reserve judgement until we see it all in Oz! ha

We we’re really impressed by Doree Bonner at a migration exhibition, I’d be really grateful if you could let me know you get on with them, they were going to be our choice too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys how long did your child 101 visas take? We’re starting to panic as it’s saying I’m website 10 months + !! We frontloaded everything including medicals (thanks Brock for help), and spoke to emigration department and confirmed they have everything and don’t require any further info from us! We don’t go until October but I’m getting twitchy now! X 


IELTS Test sat 4th March 2017!! 9, 9, 9, 7.5 (grrrr) needed superior! PTE exam booked June 15th praying for top marks. TOP MARKS RECeived!! 90, 90, 90, 90!! 

CPA back 20th April, all positive resulrs from CPA. 

Management accountant 189 applied for currently sat on 75 as of 16th June 

190 applied with 75+5 as of 16th June 17! 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2018 at 16:51, brock79 said:

Our daughter turns 5 in May and our son is 18 months old.

We had quotes from Doree Bonner, PSS and Britannia removals but we went with Doree Bonner in the end.  They were good at this end but I'll reserve judgement until we see it all in Oz! ha

How are you guys getting on! Where did you settle?! And more importantly did your stuff make it all ok! X 


IELTS Test sat 4th March 2017!! 9, 9, 9, 7.5 (grrrr) needed superior! PTE exam booked June 15th praying for top marks. TOP MARKS RECeived!! 90, 90, 90, 90!! 

CPA back 20th April, all positive resulrs from CPA. 

Management accountant 189 applied for currently sat on 75 as of 16th June 

190 applied with 75+5 as of 16th June 17! 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, laevans said:

How are you guys getting on! Where did you settle?! And more importantly did your stuff make it all ok! X 

Hi,

We’re in Baldivis. We had to stay in 2 AirBnB holiday rentals in different suburbs before we secured a long term rental, so that wasn’t ideal with the kids. Took us a while to find a nice place which has everything we wanted. It’s still quite competitive out here as well for rentals, certainly with the good ones. 

Our daughter has recently started school, I started a job but finished it as it wasn’t what I was looking for. 

Both Doree Bonner and then Grace at this end were good and I’d use them both again. The only issue we’ve had is with our fridge freezer, it’s dentend on the door and down one side, it was done in the U.K. by Doree Bonner staff when they were lifting it on to the container, I heard them do it. Not great but it could’ve been worse. I’ve got a claim going through with the insurers (Letton Percival) for it. 

I still find it tough over here without our family support but hopefully things will work out. 

Cant complain with the weather. Winter now and the last 2 days have had no clouds and about 22 degrees, like a good U.K. summer really! Ha. 

Hope you get your child visa's sorted and everything moves along smoothly for you. 

Edited by brock79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! Sorry for delayed reply!! So we leave in 58 days and moving to Baldivis! Woo! What was your opinions on schools? Maykbe rise is our catchment for the house but also looking at mother Theresa and Tranby? Any info! Hope your settling well! Still no child visa ?


IELTS Test sat 4th March 2017!! 9, 9, 9, 7.5 (grrrr) needed superior! PTE exam booked June 15th praying for top marks. TOP MARKS RECeived!! 90, 90, 90, 90!! 

CPA back 20th April, all positive resulrs from CPA. 

Management accountant 189 applied for currently sat on 75 as of 16th June 

190 applied with 75+5 as of 16th June 17! 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/03/2018 at 08:27, brock79 said:

No problem at all, hope you managed to get the HAP ID's sorted.

From memory our child visa's were submitted in July and they were granted in September.  After ours were granted I had heard they were taking longer to process but I don't know if that's the case now or not.  I had to email them and plead that ours be dealt with as we were running out of time with our 1 year RRV's, thankfully they listened and dealt with it soon after I emailed the London office.

Funnily enough we're heading to Baldivis or surrounding areas as well!  We've booked a 4 week furnished rental in Port Kennedy and will be looking for a long term rental around Baldivis, Secret Harbour etc when we get there.

Keep in touch and we may see you there!  :)

You don’t by any chance have an email address for the London office do you? We’ve sent a letter begging them to fast track but cannot find an email address anywhere! X


IELTS Test sat 4th March 2017!! 9, 9, 9, 7.5 (grrrr) needed superior! PTE exam booked June 15th praying for top marks. TOP MARKS RECeived!! 90, 90, 90, 90!! 

CPA back 20th April, all positive resulrs from CPA. 

Management accountant 189 applied for currently sat on 75 as of 16th June 

190 applied with 75+5 as of 16th June 17! 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, laevans said:

You don’t by any chance have an email address for the London office do you? We’ve sent a letter begging them to fast track but cannot find an email address anywhere! X

Hi, I believe this is the email address we used, I can't say whether it's still valid or not though: familymigrationlondon@dfat.gov.au

Good to hear that you're moving over soon.  Our daughter is in Settlers Hills Primary which seems a good school.  We didn't like the look of Makybe Rise but that was only from the outside when driving past so I can't really say how the school is. Obviously with Mother Teresa and Tranby you need to pay for those schools, Tranby is next door to Settlers Hills Primary and seems to have better reviews than Mother Teresa, but that's only what I have read online.

The school sizes are certainly different over here, our daughters primary school in the UK had about 180 kids in it, the schools over here seem to have about 700-900 pupils!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone here had applied with an expired pcc, I wanted to know did co was concerned on that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there.. 

Many thanks for the informative post above. I am in a similar situation. My daughter, wife, and I, live in Dubai and already have a subclass 190 permanent visa. We now have a newborn baby boy born here in Dubai. I tried to apply for a tourist visa for him so we could take him along for our next visit to Australia, but the Australian consulate here in UAE advised me to apply for a 101 visa. As I understand, it could take upto 1 year for getting the 101 even though its pretty straightforward. What are my options if I need to travel/relocate before the 101 visa is granted? Also the application is asking for "certified copies"; should plain photocopies suffice or I need to get attested copies?

Thanks in advance

V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VKG said:

Hi there.. 

Many thanks for the informative post above. I am in a similar situation. My daughter, wife, and I, live in Dubai and already have a subclass 190 permanent visa. We now have a newborn baby boy born here in Dubai. I tried to apply for a tourist visa for him so we could take him along for our next visit to Australia, but the Australian consulate here in UAE advised me to apply for a 101 visa. As I understand, it could take upto 1 year for getting the 101 even though its pretty straightforward. What are my options if I need to travel/relocate before the 101 visa is granted? Also the application is asking for "certified copies"; should plain photocopies suffice or I need to get attested copies?

Thanks in advance

V

Hi I went thru the same in 2017. It took approx 4.5m from the start to issuance of visa under 101. The process is simple -  you need to organise the documents required before you go to apply. Applying from Dubai makes it all the more streamlined.... you have to apply in VFS i guess at Burjman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Expatriate123 said:

Hi I went thru the same in 2017. It took approx 4.5m from the start to issuance of visa under 101. The process is simple -  you need to organise the documents required before you go to apply. Applying from Dubai makes it all the more streamlined.... you have to apply in VFS i guess at Burjman

Hi.. very helpful.. thanks Expatriate123...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2018 at 03:25, laevans said:

You don’t by any chance have an email address for the London office do you? We’ve sent a letter begging them to fast track but cannot find an email address anywhere! X

How long it took u to get the grant ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Minti22 said:

How long it took u to get the grant ?

Hey! It took only 2 months as we emailed them and begged to fast track as we were leaving in October and it deffo worked! We were very lucky! X 


IELTS Test sat 4th March 2017!! 9, 9, 9, 7.5 (grrrr) needed superior! PTE exam booked June 15th praying for top marks. TOP MARKS RECeived!! 90, 90, 90, 90!! 

CPA back 20th April, all positive resulrs from CPA. 

Management accountant 189 applied for currently sat on 75 as of 16th June 

190 applied with 75+5 as of 16th June 17! 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, myself, my partner and 3 yr old have 189 visas, I am just applying for my 11month old now and just have a couple of queries about the forms if anyone can help?

it asks  for evidence of our permanent residence (foreign passport containing evidence) - but our passports don't contain any evidence, so I'm presuming it's all on there electronically (we activated our visas last March ) has anybody else just sent a certified copy of their visa document?

Also can a payment be made through my immiaccount even though it doesn't contain details of this 101 visa application?

 

The hurdles of filling forms indepedantly 😁😁😩😁

 

thanks

 

nat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. I know it’s an old thread but I am desperate for some help. My husband is an Australian citizen while I am a temporary resident. Last month we had our baby overseas... now my daughter and I want to join my husband in Sydney ASAP. 

What’s the fastest way for us to do that? Citizenship by descent will take too long 😞 my husband called the home affairs people and they said to fill out forms  1002 & 1220... as we have gotten a passport made for her from her birth country for now. 

ANY help in this regard would be helpful... what’s the quickest way for us to be in Australia considering my daughters father is an Australian citizen. 

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until she has received her citizenship by descent which you should apply for ASAP she is not officially a citizen. She can therefore travel on a visit visa with her overseas passport. 

 


So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×