Child Visa 101

14 hours ago, Expatriate123 said:

I have signed all the papers on behalf of my kid (less than 6m old :-) ) - but I suppose as a Parent / Guardian - you being the primary applicant originally, i believe you will be required to sign off - for children at 16 years and older - I think you may have to counter sign approving their travel - these are my thoughts - however, I will wait to see comments from others who have similar experience

Yes you are right. I signed all the papers for my daughter. I remember my wife signing one of the sections along with me but I am not sure. Need to look at the application. Regarding the Form 1229, if it allows multiple children, you can put all of them in one or you can submit individual one for each Child visa application. But I think it will be better to attach one Form 1229 declaration with each application,that is my opinion though but probably people who have done this recently can shed some light.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, path2aus said:

I think now since all documents have been submitted, you just need to wait for the grant. Just keep an eye out for an email with the Visa Grant Notice. Best of luck.

Hi thanks.... how much time it took for the grant letter after u submitted all thr papers....

7 hours ago, Expatriate123 said:

Hi thanks.... how much time it took for the grant letter after u submitted all thr papers....

For me it happened on the same day but again my case was different. My visa was expiring in 20 days and so there was a case of urgency with my application. 

Dear All,
We have  submitted my newborn daughter's visa (child visa 101) on June 21, 2017. My husband is the sponsor. Recently immigration authority mailed him requiring some additional docs/info. One of such requirement is to provide his residential details in Australia . They mentioned that sponsor must provide his/her residential details in Australia even if it is a temporary address. They mentioned that it is required to progress on my application.

Our concern is that right now i and my husband are in Bangladesh after making the first entry in Australia in 2015. So right now i dont have any residential address in Australia. We will migrate to Australia after the grant of child visa 101.

In this event what residential address/details in Australia will we provide? We have some relatives in Australia. Shall we use their address?

My husband has a timeline to reply back so i appreciate your help as early as possible.

I'm surprised they're asking you for this information. Not sure how people can provide an Australian address when they're not yet in the country and haven't arranged a rental yet etc? I'm in the UK.  

We have also completed the child visa forms and I (Father) am the sponsor for our children. I have not included an Australian address either as the forms only ask for your current residential address (which is in the U.K.). One of the questions does say that if your current address isn't in Australia you need to provide a statement explaining how you will meet your sponsorship obligations, so I have done this. 

Can others who have gone through this process please confirm that you don't need to include an Australian address on the forms?

Thanks. 

Edited by brock79

1 hour ago, Tasmiha said:
Dear All,
We have  submitted my newborn daughter's visa (child visa 101) on June 21, 2017. My husband is the sponsor. Recently immigration authority mailed him requiring some additional docs/info. One of such requirement is to provide his residential details in Australia . They mentioned that sponsor must provide his/her residential details in Australia even if it is a temporary address. They mentioned that it is required to progress on my application.

Our concern is that right now i and my husband are in Bangladesh after making the first entry in Australia in 2015. So right now i dont have any residential address in Australia. We will migrate to Australia after the grant of child visa 101.

In this event what residential address/details in Australia will we provide? We have some relatives in Australia. Shall we use their address?

My husband has a timeline to reply back so i appreciate your help as early as possible.

hi.... thats interesting.....my kid's appln is in process...submitted all papers incl PCCs, so now waiting for a response.....I have not provided any residential address in Australia...i am not sure if I will be asked the same question...

24 minutes ago, brock79 said:

I'm surprised they're asking you for this information. Not sure how people can provide an Australian address when they're not yet in the country and haven't arranged a rental yet etc? I'm in the UK.  

We have also completed the child visa forms and I (Father) am the sponsor for our children. I have not included an Australian address either as the forms only ask for your current residential address (which is in the U.K.). One of the questions does say that if your current address isn't in Australia you need to provide a statement explaining how you will meet your sponsorship obligations, so I have done this. 

Can others who have gone through this process please confirm that you don't need to include an Australian address on the forms?

Thanks. 

did you get a response from DBIP or CO on your kid's appln...... my kid's appln under review ...so i need to wait if they further information....all docs incl PCC submitted 

3 minutes ago, Expatriate123 said:

did you get a response from DBIP or CO on your kid's appln...... my kid's appln under review ...so i need to wait if they further information....all docs incl PCC submitted 

We have not submitted our applications yet. Getting medicals done soon and will then submit them. 

On 7/13/2017 at 03:18, path2aus said:

For me it happened on the same day but again my case was different. My visa was expiring in 20 days and so there was a case of urgency with my application. 

Is there any way to track the application status - I lodged my application at VFS; now the tracker is showing no records found - I suppose as the DIBP is process the appln - it may have been removed from vfs tracker - any thoughts

On 15/07/2017 at 23:59, Expatriate123 said:

Is there any way to track the application status - I lodged my application at VFS; now the tracker is showing no records found - I suppose as the DIBP is process the appln - it may have been removed from vfs tracker - any thoughts

VFS tracking in unreliable. I never tracked anything on their website. My daughter's case was always showing "No records found" even when I was being contacted by the VO.

Hi. They mentioned that for now we can provide any of our relatives address as well. Also requested for childs medical. Well does any of you have any idea how to provide this additional information asked by them? I mean should we reply them through email or should we provide the documents to our local vfs office? I think it should be through email. Am i right?

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 02:50, path2aus said:

VFS tracking in unreliable. I never tracked anything on their website. My daughter's case was always showing "No records found" even when I was being contacted by the VO.

Im getting little too anxious on the wait..... till now not heard back from DIBP..... 

12 hours ago, Expatriate123 said:

Im getting little too anxious on the wait..... till now not heard back from DIBP..... 

Please make sure you check your spam mails. I missed my first communication from the VO as it went to spam, thank god the second one came to my inbox.

5 hours ago, path2aus said:

Please make sure you check your spam mails. I missed my first communication from the VO as it went to spam, thank god the second one came to my inbox.

Thanks.... will do so....

One quick Q - will immi acct get updated with the addition of child details

20 hours ago, Expatriate123 said:

Thanks.... will do so....

One quick Q - will immi acct get updated with the addition of child details

Don't know. Never checked or logged on to my immi account after the child visa was granted. I got my PR granted in 2012 and had used an agent. So never thought of looking there. I am thinking no as your child was not part of the initial PR application but I may be wrong.

On 7/21/2017 at 04:14, path2aus said:

Don't know. Never checked or logged on to my immi account after the child visa was granted. I got my PR granted in 2012 and had used an agent. So never thought of looking there. I am thinking no as your child was not part of the initial PR application but I may be wrong.

sorry to bother you with so many Q's - once your kids medical was done - I suppose on emedical it only shows medical completed and directly submitted by the client to DIBP - have you submitted or did something extra.....

9 hours ago, Expatriate123 said:

sorry to bother you with so many Q's - once your kids medical was done - I suppose on emedical it only shows medical completed and directly submitted by the client to DIBP - have you submitted or did something extra.....

No I did not submit anything. I just took my daughter for the medicals and they uploaded the results to DIBP and I never even followed after that. I asked the VO and I was told that they had received the medicals. Thats about it.

12 hours ago, Tasmiha said:

@path2aus    did you do anything additional to make your visa early. Since you mentioned that your visa was expiring in 20 days did you do anything to let them kbow this?

The VO knew it already with the documents we submitted. The VO asked us what was our plan if we did not get the visa by that date, we said that we were planning to take the baby on visitor visa. She granted the PR within that time and and asked us to withdraw the tourist visa application.

On 7/25/2017 at 02:55, path2aus said:

No I did not submit anything. I just took my daughter for the medicals and they uploaded the results to DIBP and I never even followed after that. I asked the VO and I was told that they had received the medicals. Thats about it.

wait oooonnnn...... for me...... my UAE PCC which was submitted along with the appln form also expired ........... still waiting for an acknowledgment or response from the VO :-(

4 hours ago, Sukhwinder Singh said:

This visa allows a child of an Australian permanent resident who is currently outside Australia to come to Australia to live with their parents. The Child visa subclass 101 is a permanent visa and allows your child to live permanently in Australia.A Child visa subclass 101 lets an eligible parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely.If a child is younger than 18 years of age a parent may apply on behalf of the child.To be eligible to sponsor a child for a Child Visa Subclass 101 a parent must be:

• an Australian citizen, or 
  • an Australian permanent resident, or 
  • an eligible New Zealand citizen. (An eligible New Zealand citizen a New Zealand citizen who was living in Australia on 26 February 2001 or for at least one year in the two years immediately before 26 February 2001)The visa application must be lodged outside Australia and the child must be outside Australia when the visa application is decided.

To be eligible for a subclass 101 Child visa, a child must be:

• sponsored by their parent or their parent's partner
  • single
  • younger than 18 years of age, or:
  • a full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
  • 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.

A child younger than 18 years of age must be single and not engaged to be married.

What;s your point/question?