Melbourne - Victoria- the good, the bad, the ugly

Fosh

On Monday, May 08, 2017 at 20:18, NickyNook said:

Melbourne is on an equivalent latitude to Lisbon and Athens in the Northern Hemisphere.

Would you describe Lisbon and Athens as having similar weather to London? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't describe Lisbon and Athens as having a similar climate to Melbourne though. They don't have similar climates themselves. Athens is a lot hotter and drier than Lisbon and neither are prone to 3 seasons in one day.

Melbournes weather is a bit unpredictable. Summer and winter. If you want predictable and settled come to Perth. Algarve climate for comparison.

My cousin, his wife and three daughter settled in Melbourne when the girls were 12 (twins) and 14.  They love it there.  The girls are now in their 20s all have good jobs and a great social life.  My cousin has been back to Scotland a few times to see family but his wife and daughters have never gone back.  They don't miss it at all.

On 21/04/2018 at 16:39, Parley said:

If you were born and raised in Melbourne you should know that you are a Melburnian. (Not a melbournian whatever that is).

Didn't realise it was a spelling test... my error i overlooked.

Don't really think that was relevant to say.