Skilled 189 EOI

• 3 months later...

Hi, Just looking to submit my EOI having completed my first year as a teacher! And finally passed the IELTS on my 3rd attempt..Wahoo! (Phew!)

Ermm, as I only have officially one year teaching experience, do I select "Yes" for "Related Employement" even though I will not get points for this. For the rest of the jobs I have done prior I selected no. By selecting yes, on the final summary screen it highlights, English Language, Education and Employment as the categories which will award me points.

Question: Does that mean I should select No for related employment for my most recent/current employment this past year from sept16 - now? As I am not eligible for any points through employment.

Thanks! H

On 5/6/2017 at 13:54, Louise Jessica Studds said:

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help about an EOI application. 

They ask to list all exact employment dates for past 10 years. Will they ask for more evidence of each job if that job is not related/relevant to the visa? I'm not sure of some of the exact start/finish dates! 

Thanks!

On 5/7/2017 at 00:40, Liam13 said:

If your not claiming it for experience then no it's all good 

Hi, I have noticed that on the final submit page  it accumulates the same number of points "The EOI for this subclass is able to be completed. The client's claims equal 65 points" - regardless of if I select yes or no for the relevant one year teaching experience I have.

Which makes me think, would my EOI stand out more as I would be selecting that I  have some sort of relevant experience?
If my points total 65: age 30, degree 15, ielts 20, then I would not be claiming points for experience. If that makes sense.
What do you think? 

Should I select no for related employment for my most recent/current employment this past year from sept16 - now? As I am not eligible for any points through employment?

Hi, I presume you've had a skills assessment? If so, did you get the years worth of employment recognised as relevant by the assessing body? To my knowledge you should only put employment as 'relevant' if it has been deemed so by the assessing body.

The reason why it wouldn't change your points is because you only start getting extra points for at least 3 years of relevant experience. 

6 minutes ago, RavenBlue said:

Hi, I presume you've had a skills assessment? If so, did you get the years worth of employment recognised as relevant by the assessing body? To my knowledge you should only put employment as 'relevant' if it has been deemed so by the assessing body.

The reason why it wouldn't change your points is because you only start getting extra points for at least 3 years of relevant experience. 

Hi Raven, thank you.
My skills assessment was sent in feb and completed in May so i was part way through my first year so it will not be on my skills assessment which i have received.
I have now completed my first year as a teacher. So i guess it would be no harm in selecting yes as this current job is relevant?
But like you said i wont get awarded points as it is not the required minimum of 3 years.

I wouldnt have an issue down the line if i select yes for relevant experience? because its automatically calculating that i'm not claiming the points for it

Edited by mistryh

Under the education part it says this: Answering YES to the above question will award the client points as they are claiming they have either completed this qualification or award at an Australian educational institution or the relevant skills assessing authority has found the client’s qualification or award to be of this recognised standard.

Under the employment part it says: The client's relevant employment history is listed above. Answering YES to the above question will award the client points as they are claiming they have relevant skilled or closely related employment experience in their nominated occupation. The requirements are dependent on the specific visa subclass and details are on the relevant visa subclass pages (eg. 
visa subclass 189).

This is on the final review section. Employment appears as I have selected the one year as relevant. but then it also mentions that even though it may be relevant..."The requirements are dependent on the specific visa subclass and details are on the relevant visa subclass pages (eg. visa subclass 189)."  

So maybe it would be ok even if it wasnt on my skills assessment. As I am not receiving points for it. If I was then I think it would be darn important for it to be recognised as you have mentioned.  Can't even get through to any agents to query it!

Hi all,

In case you haven't heard of it. Please click on my signature to take you to [https://myimmitracker.com/]

Brilliant for seeing when people get their invites compared to when they submitted. And same for visa grants etc....

If as many people could upload their basic case details (no personal info required). Only the details you see in the signatures of folks in this forum.Then it would be awesome to keep track of the progress being made for those in your own job code etc and just in general. Currently not too many secondary teachers on there at the EOI stage so would be nice to see more of those:)

Hope it is ok to post this here.

Thanks
H