English test for citizenship

benj1980

Will native English speakers be required to complete the English test? Since moving over I have been working as a teacher, after completing the IELTS tests for migration purposes and my wife has completed a Level 3 administration course at TAFE. Is it simply a money spinner for native speakers?

I think when they change the test everyone will have to sit an english test as part of it.  I would think one of the reasons being would be they cannot discriminate and if they made for instance someone from India sit the test but not someone from UK(even though its their first language) they would be accused of racism, has to be one test for all.

1 hour ago, calNgary said:

You 'should' be able to provide your IELTS results to avoid having to do it again, but i doubt that would ever happen..Does seem silly to have to do it multiple times though.

Cal x

Not everyone does IELTS though, its only the main applicant, or some people dont even need to do it, we didnt, 

• Like 1

Most countries have exceptions to who has to take English test; e.g. certain passport holders, degree from English-speaking university. I would guess a similar policy would be used

Sent from a really tiny keyboard - pardon random autocorrects and fat-finger typos

On 5/5/2017 at 3:10 PM, AJ said:

Not everyone does IELTS though, its only the main applicant, or some people dont even need to do it, we didnt, 

Thats why you should be able to show a certificate or results sheet if you have done it. If you cannot provide them because you havent done it ,then i can understand you being ask to take an English test for citizenship and i think that's right. It seems wrong to be asked to pay to do it again ,if you have already done it and passed though.

Cal x

• Like 1