ACS Skills Assessment 189 RPL

Hello, 

I'm working on the Skills Assessment for the Computer Networks and Systems Engineer RPL route. 

I have 10 years of work experience and will have 11 years in experience by January 2018, which fingers crossed is when I intend to submit the EOI.

I'll also be graduating from a MSc Advanced Security and Digital Forensics degree from Napier University Edinburgh in June this year, this is a 1.5 year full time MSc, so I believe it qualifies as the equivalent of  ICT Majors Bachelor. 

I have work references for the last 9 years which I intend to submit with my RPL, but I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't also submit my MSc grades and approved Dissertation Abstract? 

Lastly, I have been contracting for the last year, should I put together references for this work to submit with the RPL or wait until the full visa application? 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

6 hours ago, wrussell said:

I have. I don't think it answers my specific questions, unless I'm missing something. 

Really my questions build down to:

Do I need to submit Degree information even though I'm not using it as part of the skills assessment ? 

Do I need to submit all employee references even if not used for the skills assessment? 

If you hold a higher IT degree, why are you upplying via RPL?

Do I need to submit all employee references even if not used for the skills assessment? 

No.

Do I need to submit Degree information even though I'm not using it as part of the skills assessment ? 

Not at the skills assessment stage,

36 minutes ago, wrussell said:

36 minutes ago, wrussell said:

If you hold a higher IT degree, why are you upplying via RPL?

No.

Not at the skills assessment stage,

Thanks for the clarification. 

My understanding is that only work experience after my degree would count and since I've just graduated, this would effectively remove my previous 10 years of experience?

My understanding is that only work experience after my degree would count and since I've just graduated, this would effectively remove my previous 10 years of experience?

That is correct for DIBP points. 

It does not matter to the ACS when you undertook relevant work, but if you are relying on recent qualification + work, your deeming date is when your qualification was completed

You are probably better off sacrificing 8 years for RPL and claiming 5 points for 3 years work experience.

This is not a considered professional opinion, just a note on your post , which I did not read carefully enough the first time.