1445 Application

Laura MacDonald

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had a 1445 application approved/denied and if so, how long it took for a decision?

I can only find information online about people applying, but nothing around timelines, successes etc.

Effectively, I came on a WHV whilst my partner's 457 application was being approved.  His bridging visa came with no working rights, so we thought it best that at least one of us was working.

Now with the 457 changes, we should be ok, but my 6 months with one employer is nearly up and we are still pending a decision.  I have a bridging visa that doesn't kick in until November... So have applied for a 1445 on the basis of the 457 (or whatever it's new form may be called) being approved/denied.  I'm in a pretty good job and obviously was employed on the basis of the 457 being approved.  Obviously don't want to lose this job to then try and find another one with technically only 6 months to offer.

I sent off my form with 4 weeks notice, so just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar position and what your outcome was?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

URGENT

Hi guys,

Do you know the email address to send the Form 1448?

I just applied for my 482 visa (it's the new 457) and I can only work until the 27th for my company.

I can't find the email address anywhere!

Cheers

Emilien