Hi guys, my name is Lana. I’m new here. Currently my husband and I and our 2 children still live in Germany. We have been considering migrating to Australia. My husband is Civil Engineer and I am an Accountant. So both occupation can be found on the SOL List. So much for the background. Now I come to my problem.

I would like to have my studies recognized in Australia. However, I have spent the last 3,5 years in parental. According to my research I must have worked at least 12 months in the last 24 months in my profession. How we counted the perantal leave? Does it count as a working period? Or did I actually have to work?

Another question. I have often read that you have to translate your entire curriculum to be able to submit your application? I received a diploma supplement from my university in english(9 pages). My university has told me that with my diploma supplement I can have my degree recognized internationally. Do you have experience with it? Which institute can you recommend me for accountant? IPA, CA, CPA…or...?

My last question. We want to apply to subclass 189. My husband will be the main applicant. So he must also do the IELTS test. We believe that we will reach the required 60 points. However, I would like to have a buffer of at least 5 points. These 5 points we would get for me. Do I have to have my degree recognized in order to receive these points? Or is simply the fact that I did this degree in Germany?

I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot.

1. The SOL no longer exists

2. In your profession you are not required to have any work experience for a skills assessment or for a visa application.

3. Your other questions are too wide-ranging to be answered on a public forum and indicate that you have received some seriously incorrect advice. May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about your best way forward?

Thanks a lot for the prompt answer. 

Unfortunately, I have read this information on various pages. We have already thought about a migration agent, but I've often read that this is very expensive and they can not really help you. 

In a German forum, I was given the advice to post my concern in this forum. 

I see that you are a migration agent. How can I contact you? 

I would consider the reasoning with regards moving from Germany to Australia and if worth while. Better pension and health options there. Australia has changed a lot. Do check out what life style options you think would be advanced by such a move.We would  have been unlikely to come here in more recent times. But good luck on whatever decision. Remember migration is a business here. And an expensive one at that.