If you have been greatly affected by the 457 change, come in and sign this petition!

Lzhgwyzd

It is understandable for government to make some change for the 457 policy to fix its problems. But this immediate effect change do not consider those who already uproot their overseas and reside in Australia, those whose 457visa is expired soon and who with a pending 457 visa will face no visa to apply and have to end their life in Australia, even though they have paying tax like everyone else, making contribution to Australia society, but do not enjoy any benefit in the pass few years! 

We deserve a consideration, sign the petition below to shout our voice! 

https://www.change.org/p/malcolm-turnbull-change-the-new-457-visa-rules-for-people-already-residing-in-australia?recruiter=715014755&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Not sure this will have any effect.  They are not cancelling 457 visas for people already here.  These visas were granted to allow employers to import workers where there are temporary shortages.  They were never intended to be permanent positions.  This is how the government see it.

I know that people use the 457 as a way in if they cannot get PR from the start, but that was never their purpose.  If people uproot their lives for a 457 they should do so knowing that they are likely to have to return to their home country when it expires, it has always been a risky way in.  I do sympathise but objectively I don't think the arguments against it stand up.

• Like 3

i dont think government will take much notice if people on temporary visa dont like the changes because aussie people are pleased with the changes. when our local member visited a community meeting near us people complained the changes didnt go far enough. maybe better to spend time looking at a permanent visa to apply for if people want to stay in oz permanently.

• Like 2

Please bear in mind that the petition of this is NOT about PR pathway or anything about PR.

It is about those people with pending application or expiring visa, we will be left with NO visa can apply and leave AU due to this IMMEDIATELY change, we are not expect the PR pathway but I think a proper grace period and consideration should be given especially when we are already working and living here for few years!

• Like 2

It is the nature of visas. Countries change their rules all the time. I have lived in 13 countries and most have had major changes in visas at some point. In Australia, there have been massive changes over the years. For example, last year the minister abolished category 5 and did so retrospectively. This meant people who had applied had their applications cancelled. Some of these had been living in Australia for 6 or 7 years on bridging visas only to find they had to immediately leave. 

The point is, when you go to a country on a visa, you have to accept that country may change the rules and create a negative impact. 

• Like 1