TRA visa dilemma

KazzE

Supposed to be working form home today but this has taken me over

I have been having a trawl through every thing again and have found out that if I apply for visa under hairdresser category I still have 120 points

however I DO need to have resent work experience and this is what it says

'To meet the recent work experience requirement, you must demonstrate that you have been employed in any occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) for a specified period immediately before lodging your visa application. Only paid employment for at least 20 hours a week is accepted.'

note it says any it does not say the specific occupation so as both my skills are on the modl and I have worked in an occupation on the modl I am hoping that I will pass this requirement and I have e mailed a query to the Adelaide processing centre

excuse my rambling.........

just had a thought, my childcare job maybe discounted as TRA are saying that I do not pass the skills test for childcare coordinator and childcare by it's self is not on the list, sigh..........

going for a lay down (or to punch a pillow :evil: )

thanks for listening

Karen

Hi Karen

Well that sounds promising doesn't it. I'm using an Agent - Go Matilda in Southampton they could be worth a ring for a quick bit of advice.

It isn't widely known that we are trying to emigrate although I haven't been able to keep it completely quiet as I had to ask for employer references. We really aren't sure we'll get through the TRA stage. If it does happen we are completely obsessed by Melbourne, waste many an evening looking at area information and houses and these forums, it is totally consuming.

Thank goodness for the guys on these forums and the information & support offered!

Anyway good luck.

I must drag myself away and do some ironing.

Debbie

Hi Debs,

only my line manager and a very few trusted friends know what we are doing although I do drop big hints every now and then :D

I am seriously considering using an agent, I think there are a couple on here at times giving good advice. I was hoping it would all be straight forward enough not to need one, but will have to tap into precious savings and go for it I think, money well spent if we can have some of the stress and uncertainty taken off our shoulders

We are going to Melbourne, my sister moved there 2 yrs ago and they have decided to stay, we went over last xmas, soooooooooooooooo wish I was there this xmas and fell in love with it too

I agree this forum is particularly supportive

will be thinking of you fingers crossed

Karen

Archived