Approved '457' since April 18th?

Nelliwoo

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has had a pending 457 which was in process prior to the 18th April announcement approved in the last few days?

My application for a 457 went in on the 22nd March.  I am still on the Short Term Skill List (so am aware I can only get a 2 year visa now) but I am still waiting to hear of the outcome. 

I was just wondering if anyone in a similar position has had theirs approved recently?

I'm an anxious wreck waiting for the visa to come through!!

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Chulbul,

As your visa is considerably delayed, have you tried contacting them? 90% of the applications are supposed to be approved now within 6 months and the 10% are refused so I'm just wondering if you've managed to speak to them..

We applied at the end of December and are still waiting..application done offshore and low risk country... very frustrating process...

We r in the same position, nomination was approved early March, our supporting doc's got sent on 6th March, had correspondence to say 6 doc's did not scan clear enough so we re sent and we have heard nothing since. Our process started in Jan 17........... getting so worried.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

9 hours ago, Shelley said:

We r in the same position, nomination was approved early March, our supporting doc's got sent on 6th March, had correspondence to say 6 doc's did not scan clear enough so we re sent and we have heard nothing since. Our process started in Jan 17........... getting so worried.

Hi Shelley

I think there must be a number of people in the same boat as us.  I spoke with my Immigration Consultant yesterday, she seems to think we may have 'fallen off someone's desk' at the department, but she is chasing it up regularly.  I'm hoping we hear something really soon.  The stress levels are through the roof!

Like Raul has mentioned, my consultant also said that they are receiving approvals, they are just a little slower than usual since the announcement.

Good luck, hopefully you will hear something at the same time as I do! :) 

Hi Nelliwoo,

Oh my, tell me about the stress levels [emoji30]. I gotta say I don't find Immigration very helpful, they just say u got to wait!! It's nice to hear I'm not the only one in this situation............. although I don't mean I'm glad u are!! If u get my meaning? Lol

Well heres hoping we both hear real soon, all the best!! [emoji5]

Hi Shelley

So we moved from the UK to New Zealand two and a half years ago. I work for a construction company who now want me to go and work for their Sydney office. We'll be based in Sydney. I'm a Senior Document Controller so I fall under the Information and Organisational Professional job description. 

How about you? Where are you going to be based? 

Ah lovely,

We are moving from the Uk to Melbourne. My partner is a panel beater and the company he will b working for have been great, despite the long wait!

I'm just sick to death of people asking " have u heard anything yet? " Aaaaarrhhh [emoji36][emoji36] lol

• Like 1

Nope still waiting for out visa's!! So the company have applied for my partners 457 and it's been approved. So we have sent all supporting doc's. then early last month we had correspondence on our Immi account to say some doc's had not scanned right, so we re sent straight away............. and since then, nothing!! [emoji30][emoji30]

Our Immi account says " assessment in progress ". It just seems they have forgot about us!! Sorry for boring u lol[emoji5][emoji5]

I do hope this wk is THE wk [emoji5][emoji5]

Oh I understand! What I meant was those are the questions I get every day from people! It's a crazy situation! 

We'll get there. I just keep reminding myself to have patience! So frustrating though! 

Good luck, keep me posted if you hear anything. ?

Ah sorry yes I c wot u meant now, lol sorry!!! Oh I know it drives me mad. Do they think that if we had heard something then we would of told them [emoji36][emoji36][emoji36].......... well I got one would b shouting it from the roof tops!![emoji15][emoji15]

Yep we will get there, like wise good luck and let me know how it goes! [emoji3]

• Like 1

Shelly just an FYI, and I don't mean this patronising, once you re-loaded them scan docs to your immi account, did you go back to the status page click the button that says '"information provided"? it will be un-pressable if you have lol. 

Any day now on the immigration website, the processing times for April will be published. It was something like 75% processed in 51 days and 90% in 6 months for March.  I think we will hear soon Shelley. I'm staying positive!! ?

very similar situation as yours. May i ask you some questions if you don't mind?

i received the approved employer nomination earlier last month which is granted 4 years. Now my occupation is moved to CSOL. I haven't submitted my personal application yet (which is the last step for 457). I am just wondering if i submit it soon, will i be granted 2 or 4 years? I ask so many agents and they gave me different answers... really confused...

Appreciate your help in advance!

Hi

If you haven't yet submitted your application for your 457, and your occupation is now on the short term skills list, when you do submit the application you will only be considered for a 2 year visa. If granted, you will be allowed to apply for this visa twice, so in total if both applications go through, you can stay working in Australia for 4 years. But only if you get granted the visa for the first two years, then re-apply and you get granted the visa for the next two years. 

Hope that makes sense?

The change in occupation list came into play immediately, so if you are no longer on the medium/long term occupation list, you can only receive a 2 year visa. 

3 minutes ago, Nelliwoo said:

Hi

If you haven't yet submitted your application for your 457, and your occupation is now on the short term skills list, when you do submit the application you will only be considered for a 2 year visa. If granted, you will be allowed to apply for this visa twice, so in total if both applications go through, you can stay working in Australia for 4 years. But only if you get granted the visa for the first two years, then re-apply and you get granted the visa for the next two years. 

Hope that makes sense?

The change in occupation list came into play immediately, so if you are no longer on the medium/long term occupation list, you can only receive a 2 year visa. 

i think "If you haven't yet submitted your application for your 457" covers my case that i haven't submitted the personal application but the employer nomination is approved?

It doesn't matter. Even if you had submitted you application and you were going through the process, if you occupation was removed on the 18th April then your application would be rejected and if your occupation moved to the short term skills occupations you would only be granted a 2 year visa if successful. 

My occupation went from a 4 year to a 2 year. So that's what I'm now waiting for.