Prep/kindy in North lakes brisbane advice

SCITEACH

Hi,

LO is currently almost 2.

I've no understanding of the Oz schooling system so I'd appreciate any info that anyone has on this.

Are there fees to pay and where do your children attend? 

Basically after just some names of schools I can research and interested to know your experiences with the Oz education system.

This should give you a lot of answers https://northlakescollege.eq.edu.au/Ourschool/Pages/Ourschool.aspx  this is North Lakes State College. Prep to 12. You will need to pay for uniforms and these tend to be unique to the school, you will also have to pay for all stationary and text books. Most state schools ask for some sort of small fee but that depends on the school. You will need to look at the catchment area for state schools.The state schools are moving more towards a Prep to Gr 12 situation rather than what was previously, Primary and secondary as 2 schools, so schools can have a student enrollment often up to 2000 students seperated in to different areas but in the one school. You will need proof of an address with in the catchment to enrol.

Another option is North Lakes College which is a private school so fees apply, but no catchment area just wether they have a place for your child. https://www.thelakescollege.com.au/contact you can apply for enrolment prior to arrival in Aus.

• 1 month later...

I recently toured The Lakes College. I really liked it. I think it's going in the right direction. I'd apply now for kids your ages. Mine are in early high school and I didn't think it was advanced enough as anew school. Primary was awesome. It's next door to the state school the size of which I find terrifying! 

Agree restfamily. Lords at Ormeau has the same issue. It is staying a very small school so lacks facilities, but is a great school. Guess sometimes it is a choice between a massive school 2000 - 3000 students with a pool and gym etc or a smaller academically good school, with dedicated staff, but lacks the pool and gym etc. A very personal choice.