2 years calculation from 457 to 186

On 26/04/2017 at 10:16 PM, jessieliu said:

My contract with company is 1 Jan 2016 while I started the work formally from 1 Mar 2016. How to calculate the 2 years for 186 visa? If it's calculated from 1 Mar 2016, whether it means that I'm eligible and can submit the application on 28 Feb 2018 or i need to wait until 1 Mar 2018? Thanks.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Calculate your gross salary multiple x 2 years 

if your pay is 54000/year then it should be 108000 in PAYG

then you can apply for 186.

On 27/04/2017 at 7:04 PM, prnov16 said:

You have to complete 2 years and one day 

before submiting the application  

No, it's 2 years.

7 hours ago, Deh said:

the clock starts running on the approval of your visa. so it's 2 years from when the visa itself was approved.

It's two years from the day you started working for the employer while holding a 457, so the date the visa was granted is irrelevant.

4 hours ago, Siddu said:

Calculate your gross salary multiple x 2 years 

if your pay is 54000/year then it should be 108000 in PAYG

then you can apply for 186.

Eligibility for the TRT stream has nothing to do with your earnings while holding a 457.

OP - I'd assume February 28th would be considered too early.  I'm not sure if March 1st is considered to have completed 2 years on your 457.  Logically I'd assume it is but rather than take the chance, I wouldn't apply before March 2nd to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

Eligibility for the TRT stream has nothing to do with your earnings while holding a 457.
OP - I'd assume February 28th would be considered too early.  I'm not sure if March 1st is considered to have completed 2 years on your 457.  Logically I'd assume it is but rather than take the chance, I wouldn't apply before March 2nd to be on the safe side.

considering he was already working for his employer when the visa got approved isn't then logical to consider that his 457 started upon the visa grant?

considering he was already working for his employer when the visa got approved isn't then logical to consider that his 457 started upon the visa grant?

ops, forget it.
i have misread the dates and thought she was working for the employer on any other valid visa while the 457 visa was being processed and got approved.
maggie is correct on what she said then.