Anyone else?

5 hours ago, adele244 said:

Ohhh rate not looking too good at the mo @Ozzie Hope t picks ups again 

Corbyn is doing much better in the polls. If corbyn wins, I would expect the pound to fall. I don't think corbyn can win. It would take a miracle. But the stronger May's majority, the stronger the pound.

5 hours ago, adele244 said:

Ohhh rate not looking too good at the mo @Ozzie Hope t picks ups again 

Corbyn is doing much better in the polls. If corbyn wins, I would expect the pound to fall. I don't think corbyn can win. It would take a miracle. But the stronger May's majority, the stronger the pound. Buying pounds today could possibly be an easy way to make a 10% profit. Or a hefty loss if Labour could pull one out of the bag. Your call.

Not sure I agree with you there.  If May has a large majority (& more right wing nutters get elected), this is more likely to lead to hard Brexit which will be bad for the UK economy and hence see a further fall in the pound.  There is an alternative view that the larger her majority, the more she can sideline the tea party element and try and do a good deal on a soft brexit.

The main thing that might drive the pound up significantly this year will be the inflation figures.  As inflation rises above 3% and heads towards 4% pressure will grow for a rise in interest rates which the BofE will be unable to resist.  If inflation were to hold near 3% (which I doubt) then the BofE will be expected to ride it out.

• 2 weeks later...