Immigration address for 820 partner visa

StructureD

Hello,

Probably a very stupid question but what address should we put on statements/affidavits for immigration if I'm applying on shore? I assume it's:

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

PO Box 25 Belconnen ACT 2616

That's the address on the acknowledgement of application.

Thank you,

Greg

Hi Greg -

Suggest you apply online using ImmiAccount as it's far easier than paper applications, and avoids the need to get copies certified, etc. Then after lodgement if you have additional evidence such as additional witness statements, travel evidence, etc you can simply upload that to your lodged application. 

If you must use a paper application, it's generally best if you can find out which of the several onshore partner visa processing centres is processing your application so you can send the documents to the correct location and avoid delays - you might contact DIBP at 131 881 (be prepared for an hour on hold) to see if they can tell you where your application is/will be processed and get you an address.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Thanks very much Mark. I have done everything online so far but my immigration agent (in relation to my PMV) told us to certify everything (IDs, certificates), as if it was the paper form. It was a lot of work and I'm just worried that not doing the same this time would be a mistake. It does seem absurd to me but I suppose mocking up documents is possible with all the different software available these days. I think I'll play it safe, as annoying as it is.