Schools near Scarborough area

Guest Nikkibnakkinoo

Guest Nikkibnakkinoo

Hi all

I hope I can still call myself a Pom in Oz as I have been in Australia now for 20 years!

We are moving to the Northern Peninsula area of Scarborough later this year and I am looking at schools for my children (2 girls - grade 10 and 4, 1 boy - grade 7).  They have primarily been schooled at private schools and are currently in a regional Catholic school however I have heard good things about state schools near and around the Brisbane area.  I have been looking at Redcliffe SHS, NL State High School, The Lakes College and Southern Cross Catholic College. 

Can anyone give me any advice on schools in respect to these schools please.  I have looked at their rankings etc but it would be good to have some advice from parents whose children actually attend these schools.  My eldest is quite academic however my son just started high school and needs a bit more supervision to ensure he stays on track with his schoolwork.

Also, if anyone has any advice in regard to the areas of Redcliffe, Scarborough and Newport that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nikki