Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Pradeep Maheshwari

Australian Study Requirement and Character Certificates

Recommended Posts


I am going to lodge my PR application before this weekend and need urgent help/suggestion with a few things:

1. I am a PhD from UNSW, Australian and I have claimed 5 points for meeting Australian Study Requirement and 5 points for Specialist Education Qualification in my EOI. Now I need to furnish documents against these claims. My question: Is my PhD degree award along with transcripts sufficient for each of these requirements? If not, what else should I include?

2. Do I need to fill and attach form 80 and 1221 as a part of additional character requirements? Are these forms compulsory and must be uploaded at the time of lodgement?

3. Regarding character requirement, the border.gov.au website says that "Do not arrange for police certificates until we ask you to" but people have told me that they will definitely ask for police certificates at the time of visa decision and hence you should provide it upfront along with the PR application in order to save visa processing time at the later stage. Some have suggested me that provide police certificates even without waiting for their email asking for it. What should I do? Should I just apply for police certificates before I lodge my application?

Any clarification regarding these points will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks a lot.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now