Hi All,

My wife and I got married recently after my Prospective Marriage Visa was approved and we moved from the UK to Sydney in December 2016. My wife is an Australian citizen and I'm in the process of applying for my Partner Visa 801 from Australia. My question is about documents and evidence.

We submitted documents for the PMV online and will do the same for the Partner Visa. I kept copies of my submitted evidence for my PMV and had it all certified in the UK. Can I just use a lot of that again or do I need to get it all certified in Australia now? I know we'll need new declarations and the wedding certificate will need to be certified, but copies of my ID documents and all other documents just seems like so much work, when I could just upload what I previously submitted. I think my police check will be over 12 months very soon too, so I'm hoping they won't ask for a new one.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks very much,

Greg

If you are uploading full colour scans via an online application I don't recall they need to be certified. 

The stat decs done by others will need to be iirc as per the Aus rules and regs. Witnessed by someone deemed suitable and on the list etc. 

Great, thanks very much. I understand about the declarations/statements, and that's no issue. I paid for an immigration company to help me for the PMV and I think they were advising me as if I was submitting a physical copy, rather than an online application. They told me get everything certified, which was particularly difficult in the UK.

Solicitor does the job fine in UK. I think we paid £30'or so for all my stuff to be certified back when paper applications were the only option.

I'd double check the not certifying if submitting colour scans to be safe but I can't recall it's changed recently.