You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

anuradha

Queue Date grant- unfair

My parents applied for 804 Aged Parent visa in Oct 2009. Unfortunately, Dad was diagnosed with Cancer within 6 months of applying for visa. In 2012, Department contacted us for health & character assessments for garnt of queue date. Case Officer made a data entry error in the email address whic caused the delay for initial assessment. My Dad could not pass the health checks. Mum passed health & character assessments for grant of queue date. The application was refused by the Department in 2012 due to Dad no meeting the health criteria. We filed an appeal with the Tribunal (AAT). The AAT hearing was postponed due to Dad's ill health. Dad passed away this year in Feb after a long battle with Cancer. AAT remit the application to the dept. Our requests for showing compassion to grant a visa was totally ignored by AAT & Dept. Now Dept has put my mum in the queue but we got a queue date of feb 2017. 

Can someone please advise when my mum met the requirements for the grant of queue date in 2012 (should have been 2011 but due to dept error email for health checks was not received) then why she is pushed in the back of the queue?

Edited by anuradha
    More info

It may be because of the one fail all fail policy.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

No advice but I agree this is very unfair. I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a really bad situation.

189 Visa- ACECQA successful 02/09/2016- Skills Assessment (TRA) Successful 19/01/2017- PTE-A 09/02/2017 (R90; W90; L84; S79) EOI 10/02/2017 Invite 14/02/2017 lodged 21/02/2017; Medicals & all PCC's 03/03/2017; CO request form 80 for partner & PTE-A proof 08/03/2017 Visa Granted 25/05/2017:D To the Gold Coast we go... Fly 27/08/2017

Oh my! We're Australian Residents :jiggy:

Was she a dependent on his visa application?  If so, then the fact that he failed the health check may be the reason.  Has she lodged her own application now? Or are they simply considering her as the primary applicant on the application (your father's) already in processing?

186 ENS Temporary Residence Transition - Granted Dec 2013 :biggrin:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JustUs
        Hi everyone,
        Just a quick question if I may...
        How does one prove the total number of children for the Balance-of-Family Test? 
        Say I have 3 siblings, each of us has a birth certificate with our parent's names on them and our parents have their birth certificates.
        Do we just submit the birth certificates of the 3 children? How do they know there isn't a 4 or 5th child somewhere (not that there is) . I'm just wondering how we prove this? It's not like there is a family register that we can include to prove that there's only the 3 of us.  Do I provide a statutory declaration in addition to the birth certificates?
        The other bits about where we live is easy as 2 of us live in Australia and the other is back home.
        I couldn't find much on the  spanking new "www.homeaffairs.gov.au" website (I kept looking for the older www.border.gov.au site in Google...but you get re-directed anyway).
        Thanks in advance...
        Justus.
      • By 5Whys

Hi - I am new to the site but I have been going through the posts in general and one thing I’ve noticed is that there is some people who get a little annoyed if someone is applying for a visa onshore. Is there a reason why? This annoyance seems to be aimed more towards the parent visas. It just seems strange that people get annoyed when there is the option to apply onshore.

Thoughts.

Cheers - 5
      • By evionthego
        Hi
        I am in the process of moving my mother out to Australia from the UK. I am a perm resident and my sister is a citizen and we are her only children. My mother meets all of the criteria required for the 804 (non contributory parent visa) or 864 (contributory parent) visas. The question we have is which do we go for and we would appreciate any advice. As far as we can see, the only advantage the 864 has over the 804 is the visa process time and the fact that she will be a perm resident within @2 years (as opposed to 30 yrs+ with the 804). The visa cost is @$60,000 for the 864 and only $11,000 for the 804.
        The only risk we can see is if the Government change any legislation or the visa requirements which mean that she would have to leave Australia. Now everything we find online pretty much indicates that even if they did this, it would only affect new applications and not current applications, so she would basically be safe to stay indefinitely in Australia regardless.
        With visa processing waiting times of 30 yrs minimum for the 804, the reality is that she is unlikely to ever become a PR of Australia if we choose this visa due to her age (currently 68yrs old). 
        Which brings us back to the cost of the visa - is the 864 worth $60,000? Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated.
      • By JustUs
        Hi all,
        I need some advice on what to do. My sibling and I are PR's here (2 out of 3 siblings). My parents who are 76 and 67yrs old, would like to visit for longer periods to spend more time with their grandchildren. So far they've been traveling on a tourist visa and have only ever stayed for 2-3 weeks as they still work. As they are getting older, travel might be more difficult and I envisage a time when they might want to live here permanently, closer to us but this is still probably a couple of years away.
        I was looking at getting them the 600 subclass visitor visa which apparently can be approved for either 3-5 years with a maximum stay period of 12 months in any 18 month period. I thought of applying for this visa to enable them to visit for up to 12 months, until they decide to move permanently.  I thought then, perhaps I would apply for the Aged Parent Visa(804) and they could live here continuously on a bridging visa and my sibling and I would be their sponsors and purchase health insurance to cover their medical needs.
        However, there appears to be the "8503" clause on the 600 visitor visa which prevents "applying" for further stay under any circumstance. Does this mean they can't apply for the 804 Aged Parent Visa, then once they get a 600 visitor visa?
        It's all very confusing and I do not want to start them on a process that might end up with them not having the option to apply to stay permanently. 
        To get a bridging visa, they need to be in Australia at the time of lodgement, I gather. And so, would they be able to apply for the 804 visa while in Australia on the 600 visa?
        I would really, really appreciate some advice on this issue and what my best options are...Thanks in advance everyone! 

• By Lizzywills
        Hi all
        My in-laws are planning to join us ASAP. We have been looking at both Contributory Aged and Non Contributory Aged routes. They are aged 70 and 71.
        We thought we were pretty set on Contributory, but having looked at it again, we're not sure!
        As far as we know (and please set me straight if any of this is wrong) on the Non Contributory they get:
        - Bridging visa whilst waiting for grant (which we know will never happen, so they effectively spend their life on bridging visa)
        - They get reciprocal healthcare via UK agreement with Oz whilst on bridging visa - including access to PBS (although prescriptions not as cheap as if they were residents and not 'visitors' on a Bridging visa)
        - Cost is much much less than Contributory!
        It's only the certainty that appeals for Contributory. They wouldn't even get Medicare and full PBS until 2 years after grant, so given waiting list for Contributory they'd be looking at 5-6 years of paying anyway.
        What are everyone's thoughts? Anyone been through this?? Contributory would use up a massive amount of the money they do have.
        Thanks guys, any advice appreciated as we're going round in circles.