Queue Date grant- unfair

anuradha

My parents applied for 804 Aged Parent visa in Oct 2009. Unfortunately, Dad was diagnosed with Cancer within 6 months of applying for visa. In 2012, Department contacted us for health & character assessments for garnt of queue date. Case Officer made a data entry error in the email address whic caused the delay for initial assessment. My Dad could not pass the health checks. Mum passed health & character assessments for grant of queue date. The application was refused by the Department in 2012 due to Dad no meeting the health criteria. We filed an appeal with the Tribunal (AAT). The AAT hearing was postponed due to Dad's ill health. Dad passed away this year in Feb after a long battle with Cancer. AAT remit the application to the dept. Our requests for showing compassion to grant a visa was totally ignored by AAT & Dept. Now Dept has put my mum in the queue but we got a queue date of feb 2017. 

Can someone please advise when my mum met the requirements for the grant of queue date in 2012 (should have been 2011 but due to dept error email for health checks was not received) then why she is pushed in the back of the queue?

Edited by anuradha
More info

Was she a dependent on his visa application?  If so, then the fact that he failed the health check may be the reason.  Has she lodged her own application now? Or are they simply considering her as the primary applicant on the application (your father's) already in processing?