School fees queensland?

SUPERSTARDJ01

Can't speak for Cairns but back in 2010 in the Gold Coast I had 2 kids in state (public)school. The fees seemed voluntary not sure if everyone paid depending on income.If I remember correctly it was hardly anything something like $50 per term for each child.

Guest The Pom Queen

Public school do you mean state school. If so you are looking around $130 a year all of which are voluntary, that's going off Redlynch state school up there. My boys went to St Andrews and then when the principal changed we moved to Peace Lutheran.

For St Andrews they made all their fees compulsory and charged around $3000 pa. 

Im sure Peace was $25 per term and voluntary 

12 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

Public school do you mean state school. If so you are looking around $130 a year all of which are voluntary, that's going off Redlynch state school up there. My boys went to St Andrews and then when the principal changed we moved to Peace Lutheran.

Yes I would say $25-50 per term was about right. Christ $3000 pa that's a lot for a state school.Couldnt afforded that for 2 kids would want private education handing that over ?

Did you live in Redlynch @The Pom Queen ? I remember speaking to a nurse in Airlie Beach who happened to be from Wales who lived there.Her brother lived in Cairns but she hated it and returned to the UK.Cant remember her name at mo but spoke to her a few times on another forum.Not sure if she was ever on PIO. I had a drive by in Redlynch felt too enclosed with all those mountains around you and I live in a hole I mean valley ?

Guest The Pom Queen
11 minutes ago, doubter said:

Yes I would say $25-50 per term was about right. Christ $3000 pa that's a lot for a state school.Couldnt afforded that for 2 kids would want private education handing that over ?

Did you live in Redlynch @The Pom Queen ? I remember speaking to a nurse in Airlie Beach who happened to be from Wales who lived there.Her brother lived in Cairns but she hated it and returned to the UK.Cant remember her name at mo but spoke to her a few times on another forum.Not sure if she was ever on PIO. I had a drive by in Redlynch felt too enclosed with all those mountains around you and I live in a hole I mean valley ?

We lived in the valley but loved it, surrounded by rainforest and waterfalls in the back garden. I absolutely loved Cairns out of all the places we have lived in Australia. It was paradise.

12 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

We lived in the valley but loved it, surrounded by rainforest and waterfalls in the back garden. I absolutely loved Cairns out of all the places we have lived in Australia. It was paradise.

Yes it definitely has its advantages.I come from a small town with about 11000 people in UK but I know loads of people from here who have lived there and still do. Old school friends live in Edmonton and Kewarra Beach and the ones father is my next door neighbour, been there for years and a couple more moved to GC for work.
I was keen to live there but wife wasn't keen but it turned out I wasn't offered a job there anyway.Much preferred north QLD to south.

3 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

$3000 pa for a state school wow thats ridiculous.