Changes to pathway to Citizenship

Beffers

I am a May 25th applicant and I finally got my citizenship test earlier this week on Wednesday in Melbourne.

Having gone through the process now, Here are my tips for the citizenship test and interview, Hope it helps you all:

1. Over prepare for the test, order the DVD watch it like 5 times and read the book. Do all the practise questions on their website and find other websites that have different tests. I scored 100% as a result it’s very easy just learnt it properly, anyone can score 100% it’s not a big achievement or anything. 

2.  Be organised, I put all my documents in a folder labelled properly in compartments. Interviewer was very happy. I saw others going through piles of paper it’s a bad look and waste of time! 

3. Interview: I was asked following questions: Full name, date of birth, profession, any known criminal offenses, any planned overseas trips. 

I was Asked for original documents for Overseas PCC, birth cert, driving license, passport. Funny I wasn’t asked for the Identity declaration form LOL!  

4. Be calm! While my interviewer was very friendly and chilled out he even joked with me, some interviewers I observed doing other people were very indifferent or to the point. Some people were also acting too nervous it is.not required they are just another human doing their job lol.

Infact while doing the test a British lady behind me was so nervous that the examiner had to go to her and tell her to relax, she even restarted the test for her as she was too nervous. That’s why you should prepare to avoid unnecessary stress. 

Hope these tips help you all

Now the REAL waiting begins, based on most people reports I don’t expect approval anytime.

Hope everyone of us get a speedy approval :) so that we are all happy Ozzies

Edited by peterson
  • Like 2

ATTENTION::::::Can anyone help me please? Me and my wife lodge our application 16th May 2017. My wife have some health issues last few month and doctor found the spine ceased and she had a major surgery last week, after surgery when she wake up she loss her hearing from both ear, very less chance to come back. Hope u guys understand my mental condition. We r so lucky other physical condition is well. 
Now I received medical certificate for her hearing loss and discharge letter.
What should I do now? Should I update medical certificate into her immi account?
If yes please suggest me..

3 hours ago, Ali369829 said:

ATTENTION::::::Can anyone help me please? Me and my wife lodge our application 16th May 2017. My wife have some health issues last few month and doctor found the spine ceased and she had a major surgery last week, after surgery when she wake up she loss her hearing from both ear, very less chance to come back. Hope u guys understand my mental condition. We r so lucky other physical condition is well. 
Now I received medical certificate for her hearing loss and discharge letter.
What should I do now? Should I update medical certificate into her immi account?
If yes please suggest me..

There is no medical requirement for citizenship.

Today I've done the test and my application status changed from Received to Approved in the afternoon.

Council: North Ryde, NSW
Office: Sydney
Applied Online: 12/05/ 2017
Acknowledgement: 12/06/2017
Mail test received date: 14/11/2017
Test date: 28/11/2017 (100%)
Online status to Approved 28/11/2017

15 minutes ago, jcg said:

Today I've done the test and my application status changed from Received to Approved in the afternoon.

Congrats jcg! That’s amazing, same day approval is what used to be the normal procedure before mid-2016. With current approval rate I would consider you very lucky you should be proud! All the best and hopefully everyone else gets a speedy approval 

29 minutes ago, jcg said:

@jcg

may i know which pr visa you are holding ? thanks !!

29 minutes ago, jcg said:

Does anybody know when the Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony invites go out?

We are in Yarra Council in Victoria....yes the ones who are no longer allowed to have citizenship ceremonies due to refusing to have ceremonies on 'straya Day. So I am expecting that my wife, who got her citizenship confirmation letter in mid-October, to be invited (fingers crossed) to a ceremony in the surrounding suburbs, maybe the City Council. 

Are the Ceremonies on Australia Day larger events with more people invited than the standard monthly / quarterly ones?

42 minutes ago, noble383 said:

Does anybody know when the Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony invites go out?

We are in Yarra Council in Victoria....yes the ones who are no longer allowed to have citizenship ceremonies due to refusing to have ceremonies on 'straya Day. So I am expecting that my wife, who got her citizenship confirmation letter in mid-October, to be invited (fingers crossed) to a ceremony in the surrounding suburbs, maybe the City Council. 

Are the Ceremonies on Australia Day larger events with more people invited than the standard monthly / quarterly ones?

Depends on the Council and how many people they need to invite.

At last.  Son has test date.  Applied 20th April, Adelaide.  Test date e mail 13th November, test 30th November.

He missed the e mail and it didn’t show on his immi account so was lucky they sent a test reminder text the day before and he wasn’t rostered on at work till the evening so could attend.  

Getting on on with our applications now, the travel thing is silly, I have just concentrated on the last 10 years that I can remember from PR application and stuff with stamps in the passport.  How they can actually expect someone of 55 to remember every holiday they ever took is beyond me.  I guess Aussies don’t travel as much as Europeans.

I haven’t posted here since we initially applied for our PR, but have been reading so thought I would update our timeline.

I applied (inc children) on 10th may 2017 and my husband 11th May.

Brisbane Office (Moreton Bay Council). Skilled 175pr visa.

Invitation for Test email received : 22nd November

Test: 28th November

Checked immi account this morning, 30th November: APPROVED

Waiting for approval letter and ceromony now.

10 minutes ago, sandym said:

I haven’t posted here since we initially applied for our PR, but have been reading so thought I would update our timeline.

I applied (inc children) on 10th may 2017 and my husband 11th May.

Brisbane Office (Moreton Bay Council). Skilled 175pr visa.

Invitation for Test email received : 22nd November

Test: 28th November

Checked immi account this morning, 30th November: APPROVED

Waiting for approval letter and ceromony now.

Hi Sandym are you from low risk countries or high risk countries ?