Changes to pathway to Citizenship

Beffers

Hi everyone, I have been silently followed this forum and find it very helpful. So I hope someone here can help me with this question.

i have just been granted PR 186 ENS but my MA insists that I need to work for my employer another 2 years because it will cause me trouble when applying for citizenship. they will check employment history and may not grant citizenship if I dont work for my employer 2 years post PR. Have anyone here got any idea about this? 

thank you

• Like 1

I have a question regarding my online application and hope someone can help. In the section which I need to fill out my local council's name. My current local council is City of Yarra and it's stopped holding any citizenship ceremony. I know DIBP will allocate you to the nearest council but my question is should I still put City of Yarra as my local council or I should put other council's name that is near my area.

Thanks

1 hour ago, rammygirl said:

Put where you live. It will seem strange not to as they have your address. They may have stopped because their are no new citizens or their ceremonies may now take place elsewhere. Either way you will be allocated somewhere when the time comes. 

Thanks @rammygirl

The reason they stopped is because there was this controversial Australia Day debate and the government stripped of their citizenship ceremony power. So I don't think there'll be any in the future from my local council.

8 hours ago, Jacaranda91 said:

Hi everyone, I have been silently followed this forum and find it very helpful. So I hope someone here can help me with this question.

i have just been granted PR 186 ENS but my MA insists that I need to work for my employer another 2 years because it will cause me trouble when applying for citizenship. they will check employment history and may not grant citizenship if I dont work for my employer 2 years post PR. Have anyone here got any idea about this? 

thank you

it doest not matter. One of my friends got citizenship in time (within 2 months ). She left her employer immediately after getting ENS186.

My family and I applied for citizenship on 21st April this year and I had my interview and test this morning (Sydney). My children (17 & 20) are up tomorrow for the same but the 17 year old does not have to undertake the test. My wife is scheduled for next Monday. Was OK, no dramas really. I forgot an ID photo and I also overheard someone who had forgot their 1195 (Identity Declaration) form but they were OK about it and allowed them to bring it in within 7 days. 

23 minutes ago, Plentymech said:

My family and I applied for citizenship on 21st April this year and I had my interview and test this morning (Sydney). My children (17 & 20) are up tomorrow for the same but the 17 year old does not have to undertake the test. My wife is scheduled for next Monday. Was OK, no dramas really. I forgot an ID photo and I also overheard someone who had forgot their 1195 (Identity Declaration) form but they were OK about it and allowed them to bring it in within 7 days. 

I'm reading through other forums as well there is some progress on apps. Hopefully more good news like yours come soon :)

Edited by AnneOz

2 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Still nothing, applied April 20th Mount Barker council SA.  Annoying when other applying later have had their tests and even approvals!

Are you from high risk country or non Anglo / western country? It seems high risk countries citizenship applications are not being picked up

Edited by peterson

19 hours ago, Plentymech said:

What did you wear for the interview? what questions do they ask, and how hard is the actual test (I have mine tomorrow!)

thanks

15 hours ago, seraphim said:

What did you wear for the interview? what questions do they ask, and how hard is the actual test (I have mine tomorrow!)

thanks

Suit and tie/your family history going back three generations/if you did well in the Mensa entrance exam the citizenship test is passable!

1 hour ago, Spinny_Drift said:

Suit and tie/your family history going back three generations/if you did well in the Mensa entrance exam the citizenship test is passable!

What he means really is casual is ok, anything asked is covered in the book Our common Bond, and its harder to fail than to pass, so you will be fine!

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 00:50, Spinny_Drift said:

lol. I only go back to 1314, (and did pass the mensa exam, back when I was 16!)

I decided on jeans and a casual shirt, tidy but not dressed up, and yes, several people in shorts and thongs!

Test took 2 minutes 27 seconds, not hard if you've read the book! they were more pleased that I had all paperwork in order as that made it easier for them. 

Just have to wait for the ceremony next I assume!

Wow. Received an invite for the citizenship interview and test for next Wednesday 27.11.2017. Applied on the 24th of June. Newcastle Council. Current citizenship Switzerland. That came quicker than expected. I better hurry up learning for the test.