Changes to pathway to Citizenship

Beffers

1 hour ago, wombatinabox said:

On another forum, a sept 9 applicant got his test today, yet some April 20 apps are yet to get a test! This is the most bizarre allocation system I’ve ever seen can’t get my head around how they are prioritzing and processing applications at this stage.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on a first come basis nationally ....Sept does seem odd though!

12 hours ago, wombatinabox said:

On another forum, a sept 9 applicant got his test today, yet some April 20 apps are yet to get a test! This is the most bizarre allocation system I’ve ever seen can’t get my head around how they are prioritzing and processing applications at this stage.

You need to take the individuals application into consideration not just the submittal date. There may be information missing from earlier submitted applicants. Some may be straight forward approvals where as others may be more complicated - background checks etc etc. 

10 hours ago, Spinny_Drift said:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on a first come basis nationally ....Sept does seem odd though!

Yes.. From the trend what I could understand is, DIBP in Melbourne and Brisbane started processing applications. people who applied in Sydney and other locations have not received any test dates yet. Citi you applied, DIBP office(sydney has 2 offices CBD and Paramatta), case officers allocated to group of applications will decide the application progress. People who got the dates early are lucky. 

Hi. 

I can can submit my citizenship application in January and was hoping to start working my way through the online application now so that it is all ready by the time January comes. 

I'm wondering if anyone can help.

Can you go back and edit some saved information early in the application , at a later date? I'm currently awaiting a replacement uk passport and not sure if I can put in my old passport details to allow me to continue my citizenship application. 

Cheers

Hi all, 

Partner and I lodged out citizenship apps by mail a couple weeks back. Does anyone know when payment is taken? Is it when the application is received or when they start to process it? 

I am guessing we won't hear back for a while yet on the applications (Sydney based) but just wondering if anyone has any info on payment. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CowlingAFC said:

Hi. 

I can can submit my citizenship application in January and was hoping to start working my way through the online application now so that it is all ready by the time January comes. 

Can you go back and edit some saved information early in the application , at a later date? I'm currently awaiting a replacement uk passport and not sure if I can put in my old passport details to allow me to continue my citizenship application. 

Cheers

Yes you can do this. IIRC You can do any edits up until you submit formally. 

2 hours ago, dingdong said:

Hi all, 

Partner and I lodged out citizenship apps by mail a couple weeks back. Does anyone know when payment is taken? Is it when the application is received or when they start to process it? 

I am guessing we won't hear back for a while yet on the applications (Sydney based) but just wondering if anyone has any info on payment. 

Cheers.

My application was posted and i was debited 2 weeks later. Not sure if that means they are starting to process it or not. They probably like to get the money debited early because they could earninterest out of it from their bank. 80,000 applications x $270. Thats alot of money. I was told to take the debiting as acknowledgement of receipt

On 14/09/2017 at 19:37, Ali369829 said:

Test email received today.

Council: North Ryde, NSW
Office: Sydney
Applied Online: 12/05/ 2017
Acknowledgement: 12/06/2017
Mail test received date: 14/11/2017
Test date: 28/11/2017

Edited by jcg

Hi, My husband has been invited for an interview and standard test. Is the interview part an actual interview or is it just an appointment to verify the original documents?The letter seems to be a standard letter.

Also we have tried to open the 4 practice tests on the department website but cannot access them on any computer tried applemac, ipads and windows. We are technophobes so any assistance would be welcome. 

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, RMG said:

Hi, My husband has been invited for an interview and standard test. Is the interview part an actual interview or is it just an appointment to verify the original documents?The letter seems to be a standard letter.

Also we have tried to open the 4 practice tests on the department website but cannot access them on any computer tried applemac, ipads and windows. We are technophobes so any assistance would be welcome. 

Thanks in advance.

Congarts rmg, for the test materials just order the DVD from he border website they deliver within a week. The test works fine try internet explorer ? 

Can you also please share your application date for the community here, thanks

On 13/11/2017 at 23:24, CowlingAFC said:

Hi. 

Cheers

Yes. Just make sure your application remains active until lodgement. I think it (and/or its attachments) get automatically removed at some point if inactive.

Also, if you're eligible to apply and don't have your new passport yet, you can still go ahead and lodge as long as your current passport is valid. You can at a later point after submission, once you receive your new passport, go to ImmiAccount and under "Update us" (something along those lines) there are forms for submitting new information such as change of address, change of passport, etc. Do a bit of research of your own and consider this option if appropriate.

Edited by Saturn

Hi,

I have recently moved overseas on a work assignment for couple of years under the same company. Does anyone into similar situation and if this will impact the decision on my citizenship application which was applied onshore on 9th May 2017?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Goan said:

Hi,

I have recently moved overseas on a work assignment for couple of years under the same company. Does anyone into similar situation and if this will impact the decision on my citizenship application which was applied onshore on 9th May 2017?

Thanks

Hi Mate, as far as I know you need to be onshore to do the test, approval, ceremony etc. This is why most people hold off from traveling or relocating until they get their citizenship. However I would advise you speak to Dibp and ask them how you can do it while offshore Or maybe an immigration lawyer for more accurate assessment. 

Edited by wombatinabox

20 hours ago, jcg said:

Test email received today.

Council: North Ryde, NSW
Office: Sydney
Applied Online: 12/05/ 2017
Acknowledgement: 12/06/2017
Mail test received date: 14/11/2017
Test date: 28/11/2017

Excellent news!

Do you mean the 'City of Ryde' council? Or does North Ryde have its own council?

5 hours ago, Goan said:

Hi,

Thanks

Shouldn't be a problem (assuming the work assignment is temporary as opposed to a permanent intention to leave Australia) the rules on the residency requirement are only for it to be met on the day of application. You will of course need to keep IMMI informed of how to contact you and need to return for test and ceremony.

1 minute ago, bensym said:

Applied 27/4/17 online in Sydney. Still no news.

My permanent residency visa has since expired. Does anyone know if there is a way around leaving country to go on holiday, without having to renew my PR visa?

No there is no other way just apply for RRV, mine took exactly 1 day to process 

46 minutes ago, bensym said:

My permanent residency visa has since expired. Does anyone know if there is a way around leaving country to go on holiday, without having to renew my PR visa?

There is no renewing your PR. It still exists. Just the travel part has expired. You need an RRV to travel overseas and get back in to Aus. Apply before you travel. 

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Appl/Resident-return

Each person will need their own. 

5 hours ago, bensym said:

Which council? 

18 hours ago, wombatinabox said:

Hi Mate, as far as I know you need to be onshore to do the test, approval, ceremony etc. This is why most people hold off from traveling or relocating until they get their citizenship. However I would advise you speak to Dibp and ask them how you can do it while offshore Or maybe an immigration lawyer for more accurate assessment. 

Many thanks mate, i did call DIBP and they suggested to discuss this with the assigned case officer. Since its a internal temp move, the company will provide a letter to support the same, fingers crossed this should be good enough. Regards

15 hours ago, Ken said:

Shouldn't be a problem (assuming the work assignment is temporary as opposed to a permanent intention to leave Australia) the rules on the residency requirement are only for it to be met on the day of application. You will of course need to keep IMMI informed of how to contact you and need to return for test and ceremony.

Many thanks Ken, i will surely keep DIBP know on the changes.