Changes to pathway to Citizenship

Beffers

I am just submitting mine and my husbands citizen applications but had a couple of Q’s:

1. I have an immi account - do I submit both applications seperately via my account?

2. Can you lodge a joint application?

I started my application but could not see how to add another application?

sorry if these are basic questions! 

Thanks

3 hours ago, DeeTowers said:

I am just submitting mine and my husbands citizen applications but had a couple of Q’s:

1. I have an immi account - do I submit both applications seperately via my account?

2. Can you lodge a joint application?

I started my application but could not see how to add another application?

sorry if these are basic questions! 

Thanks

Yes you can submit both applications under one single Immi account 

No there is no joint application for citizenship, each application needs to be lodged separately and paid for separately 

On 03/11/2017 at 00:11, peterson said:

The apps are still frozen, other than a few random ones vast majority 99% still frozen. Those 19 April and before got their test dates ages ago so no other explanation for April20 apps not being processed yet.

people have to start demanding answers, maybe we should start sending emails like we did with the bill? Plz suggest everyone 

Hi Mate, actually I already contacted some of the senators ive been in touch with before, they all told me including Tony Burke’s assistant that it is completely out of their hand, at least at this stage unless overwhelming evidence comes out months from now that a large amount of apps are still unprocessed. Even then they can only criticise and issue public recommendation but can’t force the gov, only something like a lawsuit can potentially make a difference. 

Currently here are some options available: 

1. Follow up your app with DIBP if you don’t hear back a month or two from now, while it’s unlikely to affect or change anything at the very least if so many are calling about their apps not being picked up, DIBP will discuss these matters internally and might improve their processes if their management is listening. 

2. Lodge an official complaint by Contacting DIBP complaints department available on their website, however this can only be triggered only if you get close to or exceed the official wait time (currently 14 months from lodgement) 

3. If complaint doesn’t work, you can then raise it to the Commonwealth ombudsman. Again this requires your app to exceed the 14 month wait. 

Until then, unfortunately there is nothing than can be done to speed things up or get a proper explanation out of DIBP. You can only wait till your turn comes, hopefully soon so everyone can finally get some relief.

cheers 

Edited by wombatinabox

I received a letter today from the department today just to inform me that my application is being processed based on the existing criteria and to refer to the website for current processing times. I assume this letter was sent out on the back of my phone-call to the department last week asking for an update. They told me last week on the phone call to take the debiting of my application fee from my account as confirmation of application receipt so strange that they send a letter out now. To refresh everyone memory : Paper based application made early June 2017. This is the first correspondence I have had from them. 

On 05/11/2017 at 20:16, wombatinabox said:

Yes you can submit both applications under one single Immi account 

No there is no joint application for citizenship, each application needs to be lodged separately and paid for separately 

Thanks for the response! appreciate it!

Another question all - sorry if its been asked before:

Page 17 of the online citizenship form - i have lived in AU since July 2011, previous to that was the UK. Do I have to list all my holidays I had in the UK or is the first part of this question if you were living in AU since the age of 18????

Thanks in advance!

Dee

Countries resided / visited

Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?

Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?YesNo

Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning the age of 18, include:

• Work or study outside of Australia
  • Holiday or leisure, including visits to the applicants country of origin
  • Business
  • Military deployment

4 minutes ago, DeeTowers said:

Page 17 of the online citizenship form - i have lived in AU since July 2011, previous to that was the UK. Do I have to list all my holidays I had in the UK or is the first part of this question if you were living in AU since the age of 18????

Thanks in advance!

Dee

Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?YesNo

Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning the age of 18, include:

• Business

• Military deployment

I had something similar. I listed the time in my home country and my other country I was employed under Work, Study etc option as two separate entries and then I listed all my holidays during that time I lived back in my home country and later my other country of employment. They would like to know all of your travels :) 

Hope that helps!

3 minutes ago, DeeTowers said:

Thanks in advance!

Dee

• Business

• Military deployment

Basically list all countries you visited and lived in that are not Australia, since age of 18. So also include the time you lived in UK. Doesn’t have to be 100% but as many as you can remember. 

similar question also appears in PR app

8 minutes ago, AnneOz said:

I had something similar. I listed the time in my home country and my other country I was employed under Work, Study etc option as two separate entries and then I listed all my holidays during that time I lived back in my home country and later my other country of employment. They would like to know all of your travels :) 

Hope that helps!

Thank you! :-)

7 minutes ago, wombatinabox said:

Basically list all countries you visited and lived in that are not Australia, since age of 18. So also include the time you lived in UK. Doesn’t have to be 100% but as many as you can remember. 

similar question also appears in PR app

Thank you so much!

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 00:11, peterson said:

The apps are still frozen, other than a few random ones vast majority 99% still frozen. Those 19 April and before got their test dates ages ago so no other explanation for April20 apps not being processed yet.

people have to start demanding answers, maybe we should start sending emails like we did with the bill? Plz suggest everyone 

Partner and I both applied same day in May 2017. Just got an email for her for a test November 22nd, Nothing for me as yet but it looks like there is some movement, maybe mine is slower because I have our child on my application.

Hopefully we will both be able to get a similar date/time for the assessment!

9 minutes ago, Ali369829 said:

We put our child name in both application...

fairly sure it's only supposed to go on one app, but you'd have to call border.gov.au to verify I guess.

Just got my email as well, same date, so obviously didn't cause a delay.

Hi everyone. 

For those who put applications in on/after 20th April. 

I was just wondering if you could tell me if on your online account your status went from received to Assessment in progress before getting your test dates.

many thanks 

Eddie