Changes to pathway to Citizenship

Beffers

On 29/10/2017 at 04:11, Nus said:

Hi all,

I need some advice. My wife was filling up the online citizenship application form. In the associated family details, she was filling up her brother's country of current residence. It was asking  to select his usual country of residence and  it's also saying that "for student visas: the term usual country of residence refers to applicant's home country". He is living in a foreign country for more than one year and holds a student visa of that country. Now what should she fill up? Will she fill up the home country or the foreign country where he is living now?

Thanks in advance.

From the above. If the visa is temporary then you would put their home country 

4 hours ago, rammygirl said:

From the above. If the visa is temporary then you would put their home country 

Thanks for your reply. But I thought "for student visas" means either applicants who are applying for Australian student visa or who already hold an Australian student visa applying for other visas.

4 hours ago, Nus said:

Thanks for your reply. But I thought "for student visas" means either applicants who are applying for Australian student visa or who already hold an Australian student visa applying for other visas.

Ok so this is about her brother.  They want his usual country of residence.  If he was born and raised in country X and that is where he will return after any temp visa ends then his usual country of residence is X.  NOT the country where he is studying on a temp visa now.  It isn’t a trick question he may well be in another country as a student but that is not his usual place of residence, just a temporary one.

16 minutes ago, jaygrg50 said:

Thanks for your reply Eddie. Is it just 20 question for citizenship test.

Jaygrg50

I believe it is. And you only need 15/20 correct. 

If you download the ‘common bond’; it has everything you need to know to pass the test. 

Do you have a date for your test yet?

Eddie

I have been watching that since 2006...( only protection visa sometimes have interviewed but depending case to case vary)

not to worry mate..already had pain with Dutton since April, now time to call Dutton for an interview lol

by they way what's your test date?

14 minutes ago, Ali369829 said:

I have been watching that since 2006...( only protection visa sometimes have interviewed but depending case to case vary)

not to worry mate..already had pain with Dutton since April, now time to call Dutton for an interview lol

by they way what's your test date?

haha thanks man, no test date yet

Myself and my wife are currently putting together our citizenship applications. On the residence calculator at the bottom it says…

—————————————————

If any of the following applied to you in the past 4 years, please telephone the Citizenship Information Line on 131 880 during business hours to discuss your circumstances.

• You obtained an e-visa to replace an expired Resident Return Visa (RRV)
  • You obtained a bridging visa of any type
  • You lodged an onshore application for a permanent visa then travelled overseas on your temporary visa
  • You are a New Zealand citizen on a Special Category Visa (SCV)

—————————————————

My wife was on a Bridging Visa A from 30 January 2014 to 9 September 2014 while she was waiting for her permanent partner visa to be processed. Does anybody know what are the reasons immigration need us to call them for?

According to the list here, there is one  guy who applied at the end of July from Melbourne actually got the test date today.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JYRvi6XH4LKUvdCW5vmCG44U7VG469oZNQeKgceVDO4/edit?ts=589cfc5c#gid=0

Looks like they are speeding it up!  Does local council make any difference to the test dates or the difference is  just for ceremony dates?

Edited by captain_hoomi

2 hours ago, captain_hoomi said:

According to the list here, there is one  guy who applied at the end of July from Melbourne actually got the test date today.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JYRvi6XH4LKUvdCW5vmCG44U7VG469oZNQeKgceVDO4/edit?ts=589cfc5c#gid=0

Looks like they are speeding it up!  Does local council make any difference to the test dates or the difference is  just for ceremony dates?

I’m very skeptical as some people put incorrect dates. Why would they skip all the way till July? Other than very few reported, vast majority of April apps have are not being picked up.

It is my concern that the “freeze” is still sort of there, we are almost heading to 3 weeks since bill was rejected but no real movement. They are not interested or concerned in processing the backlog applications.

On 11/2/2017 at 17:04, peterson said:

I’m very skeptical as some people put incorrect dates. Why would they skip all the way till July? Other than very few reported, vast majority of April apps have are not being picked up.

It is my concern that the “freeze” is still sort of there, we are almost heading to 3 weeks since bill was rejected but no real movement. They are not interested or concerned in processing the backlog applications.

Another person got a test date :

"Applied online on 30 May 2017
Got test email today.
Test date on 20 Nov 2017
Melbourne cbd

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.

5 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Nothing yet 20th April On line Adelaide 

The apps are still frozen, other than a few random ones vast majority 99% still frozen. Those 19 April and before got their test dates ages ago so no other explanation for April20 apps not being processed yet.

people have to start demanding answers, maybe we should start sending emails like we did with the bill? Plz suggest everyone 

Edited by peterson