Changes to pathway to Citizenship

Beffers

8 minutes ago, ArsalanAhmad said:

Thank you @Ali369829  for your prompt reply.

Can anyone please help me with my other questions

(1) Is there any list of councils in South Australia which conducts citizenship test/ceremony? 

(2) Do I need to get panel clearance certificate for my stay in Pakistan before 06/04/2013 before coming to Australia?

Thanks

1. Your local council will coordinate your citizenship ceremony. Usually your ceremony will be held within six months from the time your application is approved, but waiting times vary.

2. See below:

Do I need an overseas penal clearance certificate?

Requirements for applications for Australian citizenship

The following requirements apply to the period of time you have held a permanent Australian visa.

You need penal clearance certificates from overseas countries if:

• you lived or travelled overseas since the age of 18 years or over, and
  • the total time spent overseas added up to 12 months or more, and
  • the time spent in any one country was more than 90 days, or
  • you are requested to do so by the department.

Provide a penal clearance certificate from every country that you spent more than 90 days in.

Edited by DeeTowers
Typo

Great news, can confirm my mate who applied on 23rd April has now received a test date in early November. 

This now confirms applications post April 20 are finally being picked up. 

Those of you applied close to April 20 should expect to hear from Immi about your test very very soon.

18 minutes ago, wombatinabox said:

Great news, can confirm my mate who applied on 23rd April has now received a test date in early November. 

Those of you applied close to April 20 should expect to hear from Immi about your test very very soon.

Great news. Thanks for the heads up Wombatinabox

I put my application in on the 25/04/17. Looking forward to hearing from Immi.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wombatinabox said:

That’s great news indeed! Now we have some progress and hopefully they speed up :) 

Just saw this timeline posted this morning on another forum, another soon-to-be citizen who lives in VIC Moreland council got a test date.

There is definitely some action going on for post April 20 apps:

21/04/2017 – submitted paper application
24/04/2017 – date application was received (in melb cbd)
25/10/2017 – invitation email to take citizenship test
27/10/2017 – citizenship test appointment (rescheduled from 9/11)
Approval – ???
Invitation for ceremony – ???
Ceremony – ???

Local council: Moreland

Hi All,

I need some help and advice. I was trying to fill up online citizenship application form. But got stuck at page 6 and this error pops up "The applicant is unable to proceed with this application. Access the Residence calculator to check when the applicant will have been in Australia long enough to be eligible for Australian citizenship".

But i haven't mentioned any entry date or visa granted date anywhere in previous pages( as there is no such questions there). How come this error shows up?

I'm in Australia since 2013 in PR visa.  1 week to go to complete 4 years :-). I checked residency calculator and found Requirements Met: YES (if i lodge my application next week) So I wanted to start the process by this week, filling the form, scanning and organizing all documents, etc.

Could anyone have any idea about this. Can't i start filling the form now? Really don't understand what's going wrong.

Appreciate any kind of advice.

Edited by Scarlet

3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Hi All,

I need some help and advice. I was trying to fill up online citizenship application form. But got stuck at page 6 and this error pops up "The applicant is unable to proceed with this application. Access the Residence calculator to check when the applicant will have been in Australia long enough to be eligible for Australian citizenship".

But i haven't mentioned any entry date or visa granted date anywhere in previous pages( as there is no such questions there). How come this error shows up?

I'm in Australia since 2013 in PR visa.  1 week to go to complete 4 years :-). I checked residency calculator and found Requirements Met: YES (if i lodge my application next week) So I wanted to start the process by this week, filling the form, scanning and organizing all documents, etc.

Could anyone have any idea about this. Can't i start filling the form now? Really don't understand what's going wrong.

Appreciate any kind of advice.

It should be 4 years after you landed in Australia, on which date/month you come to australia in 2013?, if it is before 26th/Oct/2013, you should be eligible today. 

21 hours ago, wombatinabox said:

Did your friend apply online or paper?

Hi all,

I need some advice. My wife was filling up the online citizenship application form. In the associated family details, she was filling up her brother's country of current residence. It was asking  to select his usual country of residence and  it's also saying that "for student visas: the term usual country of residence refers to applicant's home country". He is living in a foreign country for more than one year and holds a student visa of that country. Now what should she fill up? Will she fill up the home country or the foreign country where he is living now?

Thanks in advance.

21 hours ago, Nus said:

Hi all,

I need some advice. My wife was filling up the online citizenship application form. In the associated family details, she was filling up her brother's country of current residence. It was asking  to select his usual country of residence and  it's also saying that "for student visas: the term usual country of residence refers to applicant's home country". He is living in a foreign country for more than one year and holds a student visa of that country. Now what should she fill up? Will she fill up the home country or the foreign country where he is living now?

Thanks in advance.

I think it should be the country of current residence. If the students visa gives residence in this country (which I doubt), fill in the country where he studies. Otherwise, his residence would be his home country (usually by passport unless residence visa in a different country).