Current 457 visa holders' transition to PR after March 2018?

3 hours ago, Saugat said:

Well after the press release from department of immigration and border protection itself and speech from immigration minister promising about granfathering arrangement in the beginning ,  i do not think it was  a rocket science to figure this out that this outcome was certain. I don't want to go on and on about it . I am happy it worked out well for everyone . Good on you.

I don't know how rocket science works, but I doubt it bears much resemblance to migration law.

Press releases and speeches amount to nothing legally and if you hang around the immigration world long enough you will discover that nothing is set in stone until it becomes law, and relying on rumours can have disastrous consequences. 

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know how rocket science works, but I doubt it bears much resemblance to migration law.
Press releases and speeches amount to nothing legally and if you hang around the immigration world long enough you will discover that nothing is set in stone until it becomes law, and relying on rumours can have disastrous consequences. 
l
Si

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...