register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

libbye

retirees from france moving to tassie

Just now, Toots said:

Pubs and cafes are open later and our local supermarkets are open from 7 am until 10 pm.  K Mart open 'til midnight.

K Mart in Launceston and Coles are open 24/7.. there is a vibrant night life in clubs/pubs with live music  here in Lonnie and most of our supermarkets /chemists are open until 10pm.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Evandale said:

K Mart in Launceston and Coles are open 24/7.. there is a vibrant night life in clubs/pubs with live music  here in Lonnie and most of our supermarkets /chemists are open until 10pm.

I know a couple who live in Waratah and another couple who live in Wilmot.  Nice places to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.  As you've said, no public transport and rather isolated as are so many small towns in Tassie.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, starlight7 said:

We used to live in Tassie in the North West and it was stunning but everything closed at 5.30, not a lot of life.

I lived on the north west coast in the 1980s too but I think it has changed a lot in the last 30 years.  A friend of mine still lives in the hills behind Burnie and she is out to some gig or other almost every night....and several at the weekends.

• Like 1