Snap General Election Called

VERYSTORMY

16 minutes ago, newjez said:

India will be protecting it's industry.

The irony is that immigration wasn't the problem. It was the symptom. The UK was suffering from gold rush syndrome. As Europe recovers, this will resolve itself. We didn't need to go through all this, and focusing on immigration is not addressing the problem.

Still, there is time to do this sensibly

India may want inward investment, it has a huge population of which a large part is well educated so they want work for them but they also want visa's for these people and skilled workers to work overseas and send money back to India and they want access to higher level education and research so my assessment is they will open up their markets to those countries which will give them that immigration access.

People will be their export, they have a surplus, what else is Modi going to negotiate for, Johnson was talking some bollocks about how much Scotch wisky could be sold to  India once they drop the 150% tax on it, has no one told him they have banned the sale of alcohol in premises within 50 yards of a road and that some states are tee-total 

5 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

India may want inward investment, it has a huge population of which a large part is well educated so they want work for them but they also want visa's for these people and skilled workers to work overseas and send money back to India and they want access to higher level education and research so my assessment is they will open up their markets to those countries which will give them that immigration access.

People will be their export, they have a surplus, what else is Modi going to negotiate for, Johnson was talking some bollocks about how much Scotch wisky could be sold to  India once they drop the 150% tax on it, has no one told him they have banned the sale of alcohol in premises within 50 yards of a road and that some states are tee-total 

Half my office is from India. I often wonder why we never recruited from Europe. It's not the cost. Onshore Indians aren't cheap. We did try and secure local talent, but it just wasn't feasible. Most UK talent we have is from up north, as London is a greater pull for the locals. I guess we weren't able to secure the numbers we needed from one European country, and we didn't want a mish mash.

India have a massive IT offshoring industry.

You can engage 1 Indian IT company like Satyam or Infosys and they can supply all your tech resources.

They can do the work for you in Bangalore or bring resources onshore in your location if you prefer.

I don't think there are European equivalents are there ?

17 minutes ago, Parley said:

India have a massive IT offshoring industry.

You can engage 1 Indian IT company like Satyam or Infosys and they can supply all your tech resources.

They can do the work for you in Bangalore or bring resources onshore in your location if you prefer.

I don't think there are European equivalents are there ?

We did get a project done in eastern Europe but it was crap. Can't remember the company. It was nothing like the service we get from India.

wtf???

You guys promised we would be at the front of the queue.

It's in the daily mail and the independent - so it must be true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4449780/US-Commerce-Secretary-says-UK-trade-deal-low-priority.html

Holy Carp batman! What do we do now? We always knew those Europeans didn't know how to queue!

What with growth down to half of what it was, all those pesky Europeans being nasty to us, this ain't looking half as much fun as it looked like it was gunna be. God damn - I think we've been hood winked! Where's Nigel?

Edited by newjez

2 hours ago, newjez said:

wtf???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4449780/US-Commerce-Secretary-says-UK-trade-deal-low-priority.html

Holy Carp batman! What do we do now? We always knew those Europeans didn't know how to queue!

What with growth down to half of what it was, all those pesky Europeans being nasty to us, this ain't looking half as much fun as it looked like it was gunna be. God damn - I think we've been hood winked! Where's Nigel?

Did you see the comment on the Mail article below it by, i think, Diesenberg, brutal but with a kernel of validity, quite well put, but  a bit saucy for these pages.

1 hour ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Did you see the comment on the Mail article below it by, i think, Diesenberg, brutal but with a kernel of validity, quite well put, but  a bit saucy for these pages.

No - but surprising how many daily fail readers are anti brexit.

8 hours ago, newjez said:

wtf???

Yeah because being in the EU is a cast iron guarantee of prosperity, just ask those Greeks, they are reaping massive benefit aren't they, we're leaving, get over it.

8 minutes ago, amibovered said:

Yeah because being in the EU is a cast iron guarantee of prosperity, just ask those Greeks, they are reaping massive benefit aren't they, we're leaving, get over it.

Big difference between the euro and the EU and the EEA. Euro bad. EU dodgy. EEA sensible.

27 minutes ago, amibovered said:

I'm loving it mate. Funniest thing I've seen in years. I'll never understand the English.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/health/brexit-leaves-industrial-firms-staring-into-regulatory-void-8800570

• Like 1

11 hours ago, newjez said:

I'm loving it mate. Funniest thing I've seen in years. I'll never understand the English.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/health/brexit-leaves-industrial-firms-staring-into-regulatory-void-8800570

No Aussies will be behind the Brits. Launch order is prioritised on population size, whilst this brings in the most cash companies can argue they are serving more patients.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and we will negotiate to piggyback off the EMEA.  Which Australia is currently looking into as a means of speeding up access.

• Like 1

If she says strong and stable one more time I'm going to eat my head. For god's sake. Strong and stable my arse. She won't even do the debate.

Looking more like weak and wobbly if you ask me.

I am a bit worried she will screw up, and then where will that leave us?

Edited by newjez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

If she says strong and stable one more time I'm going to eat my head. For god's sake. Strong and stable my arse. She won't even do the debate.

Looking more like weak and wobbly if you ask me.

I am a bit worried she will screw up, and then where will that leave us?

I think that maybe why she has gone for an early vote, we see an apparently composed and capable woman able to stare down critics and come up with put downs, I wonder if there is more uncertainty behind it all, especially when it comes to dealing with the public school, old boy network . We'll probably have no idea beyond seeing if there is a raft of new faces after the election then it could be interpreted as her consolidating her grip on the party. If that is the case then she has been telling porkies for quite a while, it is going to be  vastly entertaining if anything happens to the three brexiteers .

She would have to wobble very badly to lose this election, if she does lose it could be a disaster or it could be a move towards a new beginning, but the papers are not going to let that happen, Corbyn doesn't have the hunger for the job. 

12 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I think that maybe why she has gone for an early vote, we see an apparently composed and capable woman able to stare down critics and come up with put downs, I wonder if there is more uncertainty behind it all, especially when it comes to dealing with the public school, old boy network . We'll probably have no idea beyond seeing if there is a raft of new faces after the election then it could be interpreted as her consolidating her grip on the party. If that is the case then she has been telling porkies for quite a while, it is going to be  vastly entertaining if anything happens to the three brexiteers .

She would have to wobble very badly to lose this election, if she does lose it could be a disaster or it could be a move towards a new beginning, but the papers are not going to let that happen, Corbyn doesn't have the hunger for the job. 

I think it's just starting to dawn on her what she is being asked to achieve. There are so many conflicting objectives. The only cash cow that she can milk is the pensioners. They have screwed everyone else. Brexit can't be achieved. There are going to be some pissed off old people. Not only won't they get the brexit they want, but she will charge them for it.

You've got to laugh.

11 minutes ago, newjez said:

I think it's just starting to dawn on her what she is being asked to achieve. There are so many conflicting objectives. The only cash cow that she can milk is the pensioners. They have screwed everyone else. Brexit can't be achieved. There are going to be some pissed off old people. Not only won't they get the brexit they want, but she will charge them for it.

You've got to laugh.

Maybe, that maybe the motivation for this election she  wants a majority so she can decide for herself what to do for brexit, I'm just not sure what that might be, I'm not laughing tho because I'm going to have to live with whatever the f*ck up is. 

11 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Maybe, that maybe the motivation for this election she  wants a majority so she can decide for herself what to do for brexit, I'm just not sure what that might be, I'm not laughing tho because I'm going to have to live with whatever the f*ck up is. 

As Amber Rudd, the home secretary, said on the day the election was called, a larger majority would permit the prime minister “to arrive at potential compromises within the EU”.

We will get a brexit that looks remarkably like we are still in the EU, but with higher taxes and lower pensions.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

So is going back to Aus not an option? 

1 hour ago, ScottieGirl said:

So is going back to Aus not an option? 

I'm hoping that a strong and stable government will be good for the pound.

In actual fact, I can't see it going any other way than a phoney brexit dressed up in drag. 

Who are the Tories going to pander to? The labour heart lands or big business?

In five years time, if we are looking at $2.50 plus to the pound I'll sell up and move all my assets to Australia. I may retire there, or I may just rent for a bit. I'll have two through uni and one just ready for year eleven, so it would be good timing for me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, newjez said:

I'm hoping that a strong and stable government will be good for the pound.

In actual fact, I can't see it going any other way than a phoney brexit dressed up in drag. 

Who are the Tories going to pander to? The labour heart lands or big business?

In five years time, if we are looking at $2.50 plus to the pound I'll sell up and move all my assets to Australia. I may retire there, or I may just rent for a bit. I'll have two through uni and one just ready for year eleven, so it would be good timing for me.

At $2.50 it would look attractive to me as well but for that to happen there would need to be weakness in the Australian economy surely?

Edited by ScottieGirl

1 hour ago, ScottieGirl said:

At $2.50 it would look attractive to me as well but for that to happen there would need to be weakness in the Australian economy surely?

I'd be happy if it went back up to $2! It was 2.2 when we sold our house, 2 when we completed (22 June) and then 1.8 when we moved over here (24 June), so we waited for it pick up and now the best we've got is 1.7! ?

2 hours ago, ScottieGirl said:

There is weakness in China. Whether or not this will boil over and affect Australia is yet to be seen, but there are certainly risks.