Snap General Election Called

VERYSTORMY

42 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

31 minutes ago, Sunset said:

I read it, granted while eating toast but hey ho. Bottom line a fair system is one where everyone contributes the same amount. Regardless of wage amount how rich you are or what else could be used as an excuse, the service being provided is the same regardless - using your system would mean because i own a jag i pay more for an MOT than you with your old vauxhall viva wouldn't it - because i earn more than you I should pay more for bread or a maccas?

So  you would be happy as a nurse whose pay has not kept up with inflation for 7 years to pay the same rate of tax as someone being paid multi millions, so the nurse keeps  roughly around 83% of 28000, about 22800, the man getting say 3,000,000 gets to keep around 2,450,000, he works no more hours than the nurse,  has not necessarily had to study more than the nurse, doesn't have to work unsociable hours , doesn't have to wipe dirty bottoms or clean up dirty beds,  that nurse might think the 3mill man was being a bit selfish and was enjoying a bit of a free ride, especially when he comes into A&E when he crashes his jag at midnight.

All the rest about differential pricing in the shops is smoke screen for a belief that taxes are inherently unfair on the rich and that in some mysterious way because you are paid more you should be just allowed to keep it and the stupid ones who don't make the big money just have to lump it.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

1 minute ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

So  you would be happy as a nurse whose pay has not kept up with inflation for 7 years to pay the same rate of tax as someone being paid multi millions, so the nurse keeps  roughly around 83% of 28000, about 22800, the man getting say 3,000,000 gets to keep around 2,450,000, he works no more hours than the nurse has not necessarily had to study more than the nurse, doesn't have to work unsociable hours , doesn't have to wipe dirty bottoms or clean up dirty beds,  that nurse might think the 3mill man was being a bit selfish and was enjoying a bit of a free ride, especially when he comes into A&E when he crashes his jag at midnight.

All the rest about differential pricing in the shops is smoke screen for a belief that taxes are inherently unfair on the rich and that in some mysterious way because you are paid more you should be just allowed to keep it and the stupid ones who don't make the big money just have to lump it.

You are blah blah blahing now which is understandable, typical response really. I have no issue with someone earning way more than me I do have an issue with that same person paying less tax on a higher wage, soooooooooooo make it a fair system where everyone pays at treatment level, same as buying a burger the burger price is the same for the queen as it is for you and me mate. If you want that extra bit of fluff and really want a newspaper with your morning coffee then yeah go private and pay for that privilege, but a bog standard NHS should be paid into the same by all who use it at the time it is used like purchasing a burger or a bottle of milk, or maybe have a system for those on the dole where they pay X amount out from dole or low wages after services received via NHS but at the same costs as everyone else.

16 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

So  you would be happy as a nurse whose pay has not kept up with inflation for 7 years to pay the same rate of tax as someone being paid multi millions, so the nurse keeps  roughly around 83% of 28000, about 22800, the man getting say 3,000,000 gets to keep around 2,450,000, he works no more hours than the nurse,  has not necessarily had to study more than the nurse, doesn't have to work unsociable hours , doesn't have to wipe dirty bottoms or clean up dirty beds,  that nurse might think the 3mill man was being a bit selfish and was enjoying a bit of a free ride, especially when he comes into A&E when he crashes his jag at midnight.

I would be happy to pay more for nhs. I think the same care should be banded by means to pay.  That doesn't mean people that pay zero in should get the same BTW.

28 minutes ago, Sunset said:

You are blah blah blahing now which is understandable, typical response really. I have no issue with someone earning way more than me I do have an issue with that same person paying less tax on a higher wage, soooooooooooo make it a fair system where everyone pays at treatment level, same as buying a burger the burger price is the same for the queen as it is for you and me mate. If you want that extra bit of fluff and really want a newspaper with your morning coffee then yeah go private and pay for that privilege, but a bog standard NHS should be paid into the same by all who use it at the time it is used like purchasing a burger or a bottle of milk, or maybe have a system for those on the dole where they pay X amount out from dole or low wages after services received via NHS but at the same costs as everyone else.

So the ultimate Thatcher adherent,' there's no such thing as society' just the individual.

Where do you propose to locate the euthanasia booths for those who are simply considered no longer worthy of being kept alive as they are too great a drain  on those with money.

If, for example, a GP visit costs GBP30, then obviously that charge is going to have a bigger impact on someone who earns minimum wage than someone who earns GBP100K a year.  Maybe things should be done more fairly by percentage, with those at the top who will miss it the least paying a touch more (that they wouldn't miss) than those at the bottom who can't afford it (and who would miss it the most).  Oh, wait...!  Isn't this what tax brackets do?

We are in the higher tax bracket (for now - we sure won't be when we move back to the UK!) and are quite happy to pay a bit extra if it helps someone who has been less fortunate than us.

13 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

So the ultimate Thatcher adherent,' there's no such thing as society' just the individual.

Where do you propose to locate the euthanasia booths for those who are simply considered no longer worthy of being kept alive as they are too great a drain  on those with money.

Yes... thatcher, what a woman!!! How about those old fashioned gas meter things by the bed 50p for an hour say?

17 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

If you read what you wrote originally that is not what you said or was the original a Freudian slip.

what i mean is you can't just turn up from bongo bong land and expect the same service as old mrs Jones who has worked in the bakery all her life and paid her stamps every week. How is that fair or viable 

24 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Well is that what passes for a joke on both subjects.

A winks not a smile but a smiling wink is another story ?

1 hour ago, simmo said:

is "dead cat" you equivelent  of a fidget spinner?

You have a bag full of dead cats, instead of derailing sensible debate with asinine comments how about treating people on here as intelligent adults, between yourself and Sunset you seem to just want to play'jack the lad, treating life like a procession of jokes put on just for your benefit. 

One of the reasons I was happy to leave Australia was because of the sense of entitlement and selfishness exhibited by a certain segment of society. 

Now you can spend the next 10 pages slagging me of for going "pop" about your silliness.

8 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

You have a bag full of dead cats, instead of derailing sensible debate with asinine comments how about treating people on here as intelligent adults, between yourself and Sunset you seem to just want to play'jack the lad, treating life like a procession of jokes put on just for your benefit. 

One of the reasons I was happy to leave Australia was because of the sense of entitlement and selfishness exhibited by a certain segment of society. 

Now you can spend the next 10 pages slagging me of for going "pop" about your silliness.

come on now. Lets stop the silly personal stuff.

7 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Is that supposed to pass for an informed comment that adds to the debate or just a dead cat to shut it down

No dead cat just a light hearted return, obviously swooshed over your ever so down the middle head. I read this morning junior doctors will be doing the rounds at surgeries soon is this because fully qualified doctors can't cope with patient demand or is it that they could do it if they had more pay?

1 hour ago, Sunset said:

No dead cat just a light hearted return, obviously swooshed over your ever so down the middle head. I read this morning junior doctors will be doing the rounds at surgeries soon is this because fully qualified doctors can't cope with patient demand or is it that they could do it if they had more pay?

Have you not been following the debate?

1 hour ago, simmo said:

you gotta laugh at Corbyn

1979-Callaghan 269 seats, resigned.

1992-Kinnock 271 seats, resigned.

2017-Corbyn 262 seats, claims victory & orders the winner to resign

He has to hang on to make sure Brexit goes through, won't take any chances on that.