Snap General Election Called

VERYSTORMY

1 hour ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Why? Labour are in disarray, they even just lost a council seat in Middlesbrough to Tory. If Labour cant win in Middlesbrough they are stuffed.

Well good for the tories I guess. I think it should have waited until after we leave the EU

Edited by BritChickx

17 minutes ago, BritChickx said:

Well good for the tories I guess. I think it should have waited until after we leave the EU

I think the reasons are in May's speech. There are a number of pro EU Tories who could cause issues going forward mainly to suit their own agenda more than anything else. But, by getting a big majority, it saps any power they had as if the 20-30 start playing games, it is no threat to the majority.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, newjez said:

Why on god's earth would labour support it?

Good question as if it means one thing, Corbyn and Co will be announcing resignations on June 9th. My guess is that as they repeatedly called for an election after the referendum, they cant now back peddle.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

I think the reasons are in May's speech. There are a number of pro EU Tories who could cause issues going forward mainly to suit their own agenda more than anything else. But, by getting a big majority, it saps any power they had as if the 20-30 start playing games, it is no threat to the majority.

I havent watched the whole thing yet haha. I guess that makes sense though.