Radiographer 189 granted!

Hi all,

Thank you for all your help, and the valuable information held on this forum. Surprisingly, our 189 was granted last week, even though OH didn't have her x-ray as she is pregnant. We now need to wait for the new arrival and do its 101 visa then.

I'm happy to help any Radiographers and guide them through how I did mine.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Chuffed for you! As an almost qualified podiatrist I'll be going back to your other thread soon for tips [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Gotta decide what to do and when to do stuff by now. Not long to go for you now! Let me know if I can help in any way [emoji1]

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@DukeNinja Awsum sorry for only getting back now. Didn't receive a notification that you have replied. How did you determine you work experience as AIR don't give any view or recommendations on ones experience? Busy applying for 189?

Edited by exxaro

Have you submitted your 189 yet? I did my AHPRA, because at the time, the 457 was still existent, and as long as you have AHPRA, you could be offered work. Not all places required that you had AIR. However, you can only apply for a 189 with the AIR (THE Radiographers' Skills assessment institution). How many points do you have? Only you can state how many years' of experience you wish to claim. You can claim as many as you like, as long as you can provide the evidence to back the latter, through employers' supporting letters and payslips.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@DukeNinja thank you for getting back to me so soon. Yes i have already received my invite and already applied for the Visa , still waiting to find out if it will be granted to us. I have applied for 3 years experience (I have claimed points from the first day I graduated up until  now- playslips, reference letter to proof ect) I just wondered as some of the other assessing authorities (such as engineering) do deduct a predetermined amount of years from the applicants years of experience as a rule - but they do state this on their letter. However, for radiography on the AIR statement, they didn't state anything and I assumed I will be able to claim for all 3 years. 

I haven't moved yet. I fly out in August. I'm assuming you uploaded all the required documents and clicked on the "documents provided" (or similar worded) button? If you've done all of that and have also done your PCC and medicals, then it should be a straight grant. Get in touch with GHS: http://globalhealth.com.au/  They will sort you out with a job. Where r u based atm? Just one more thing, just checking that you had three full years of post graduation experience when you submitted your EOI?

Edited by DukeNinja
  • Like 1

Hi yes we have upload everything from the PCC, healt assement, form 80& the other one (think it starts with a "1"). I didn't see any button for -documents provide or similar wording-? Is that not just when a case worker ask for more documents? We based in South Africa currently really difficult to find other radiographers doing 189. Yes at the time of invitation I had already work 3 years and 5 months full time (more than 40 hours a week) with a full salary. Really hoping for a direct grant. Thx for website will look into it.

@darkzmost of the stuff you will need to do by yourself even with an agent (for example your passport, payslips work reference letters, birth certificate, completing forms ect). The big thing with an agent is they guide you with the process and see to it that you don't make mistakes ect(for example see if you have enough points, the right documents, completed everything correctly ect). So you need to do your homework before deciding not to use an agent. Ever case is different so there is no template to say this is step 1,2,3,4. You will find a general step by by step templates on google