Working Holiday Visa / ABN

RobDavies

Hi everyone, hoping someone might be able to help with a question please?
I am going to Australia on a working holiday visa, am I allowed a ABN number on a working holiday visa, and if I am, would this allow me to work for myself/open a business and actively seek work selling a product or service to various clients? Im under the impression you are, and the purpose on the ABN is so you can invoice people or companies for your service or product, but I'm not sure what is/not allowed with regards to time of working self employed, if I work for various clients does this mean I haven't worked for the same company for 6 months? Also room for expansion/possible employment, and all the other potential options that may occur. Also would I still need to do 3 months farm work in order to apply for a 2nd year WHV?

Maybe someone has some experience or knowledge of the matter and could share their know how? Much appreciated!

thanks for the reply, do you possibly know how it works regarding insurance for business on a WVH? Also if regional work isn't undertaken and the end of the 1 year finishes, what happens to the company/enterprise once your time is up? Appreciate the help.