Too many Pics

Some of the threads with large quantities of images take an eternity to load, if at all. To enable more user friendly viewing posts should have a limit on image attachments. The thread "Photos of Qld" for example simply won't load on my (fast) computer due to the amount of images in one page. Limiting images per post, or posts per page would make for better browsing

Guest The Pom Queen

We are rural but I haven't had problems viewing yours, maybe mine hadn't been reduced enough like yours. It's not computer issues but more download speed. I will ask Rob if there is anything we can do

On 15/04/2017 at 0:11 AM, Johndoe said:

Some of the threads with large quantities of images take an eternity to load, if at all. To enable more user friendly viewing posts should have a limit on image attachments. The thread "Photos of Qld" for example simply won't load on my (fast) computer due to the amount of images in one page. Limiting images per post, or posts per page would make for better browsing

It's not as though you have busy schedule, is it? Shove another shilling in the slot, Kev, then we can see more of your beaut photos....:D

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 2

Guest The Pom Queen
4 hours ago, Johndoe said:

ADSL in Qld is far slower than the UK 8 mbps is the fastest I've ever had with 6 being about average

Can you not get NBN there yet?

• 1 month later...

We are on the same speed or worse than Kev here in North Queensland. No NBN here and we have been told that we may never get it. Worst service ever and costs a fortune. Some of our neighbours who have recently moved here have no connection as there are no available portals. They put you on a waiting list for up to a year!!!!  You get better connection in South Korea 

3 hours ago, Metoo said:

We are on the same speed or worse than Kev here in North Queensland. No NBN here and we have been told that we may never get it. Worst service ever and costs a fortune. Some of our neighbours who have recently moved here have no connection as there are no available portals. They put you on a waiting list for up to a year!!!!  You get better connection in South Korea 

South Korea has some of the best, if not the best, internet connectivity in the world, so of course you get better connection there.  What is shocking though is that there are a number of African countries that have better internet connectivity than Australia.  

If you don't have NBN yet I wouldn't bother waiting for it.  The whole fibre to the node thing is proving to be a bit of a white elephant with lots of people experiencing problems as the take up increases.  We have got wireless internet with a company called Uniti which is giving us download speeds of 50mbps and upload speeds of 10mbps.  When we had ADSL we were lucky to get download speeds of 2mbps.