Applying for a temp visa whilst waiting for a perm visa...?

Guest CanaryWharfTom

Guest CanaryWharfTom

Hi All

Is it possible to successfully apply for a temporary visa whilst waiting for a permanent visa application to be completed?

I've recently applied for a 175 perm visa but it looks like it's going to take at least 9 months to be processed and I'm pretty keen to get out to Oz sooner. So is it possible to apply for a Working Holiday Visa to get me to Oz and use whilst waiting for the 175 to be granted (fingers crossed)?

I realise I'd need to be off-shore for the 175 to be granted but does anyone know if this is possible? Would it affect the 175 application in anyway?

All help gratefully received!

Tom

Guest Gollywobbler

HI Tom

If you are eligible for a Working Holiday Maker Visa, there is no reason why you shouldn't get one whilst waiting for your 175 visa to be processed.

Your visa meds can be done in Australia or you can get them done before you leave the UK if you are confident that there will be no delays in processing your 175 application.

Be sure to let DIAC know whete you are once you are in Oz because even if you frontload the meds and police, they will still need to contact you to ask you to go offshore so that they can grant your 175 visa. They need to know when you will be going offshore and also where to, so that they can send the stuff for the visa label to the right DIAC office offshore.

Best wishes

Gill.

Archived