Self employed

Stwigg21

I thought this, no we are both self employed dog groomers...my aunty And uncle  live in Queensland we keep visiting and now decided we would love to make this our forever home. My partner is under 27 and can come on a working visa but I'm over the required age. We have only our school qualifications.

2 minutes ago, Stwigg21 said:

No worries, thank you for taking the time. Yes I have been looking into getting better qualifications but my aunty said it's better to study it there. 

Just think long and hard about what qualifications you do, it would be a nightmare to spend years doing them and still not qualify for a visa, and it happens, before you go spending a fortune it might be worth investing in a consultation with a migration agent.

Ok, this is what I was thinking...I have seen people have put a lot of time money and effort and still fail. Is there any recommendations on a good reliable professional who could give us some really good advice....or conventions held in the U.K.

I think any of the agents that post on here would be fine, just make sure whoever you go with is MARA registered, keep your eye on this thread,  an agent may reply or someone else may recommend someone, it's been nearly 30 years since I applied for my visa, I won't tell you how easy and cheap it was back then, it'll make you cry!!! 

Edited by amibovered

The starting point is the official website border.gov.au

Visas are based on occupations which Australia wants. At present you do not qualify as a result. 

You could retrain, but you would need to understand this would be a long term commitment. Generally, the occupations would need a number of years training or undertaking a degree at university. Most then also require several years post qualification experience in order to pass the skills test that visa applicants need to do. In the mean time the lists change regularly with occupations being removed, so there is a significant chance that you would undergo years of preparation only to find you still don't qualify. As a result, I always tell people who are thinking of doing it to only retrain in an occupation that you will be happy doing in the UK and want to do regardless of if it leads to a visa. 

As for training in Australia, there are little benefit but a lot of costs. International students, like in the UK are charged very high costs for study, there is no government help available and are limited to working part time. At the end of which, they usually still do not qualify for a permanent visa. 

On 4/13/2017 at 5:28 PM, Stwigg21 said:

Hi, 

I am a self employed dog groomer living in the U.K. My partner and I are looking at the best way to permanently move to Australia. We r totally new to immigrating and are really hoping someone can help us. 

Pet Groomer is on the Occupation List for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS), subclass 187. You may want to start your research there.

This would require an offer of employment and sponsorship from an employer located in Regional Australia.

• Like 1