Adopting from Australia

sam singh

My brother in law (wife's brother) wants to adopt our 3yo daughter. she is already living with them in India. I spoke to intercountry adoption dept but they have not come across such case.Victoria dhhs are not easy to get hold of. they keep telling us that somene will call us. i dont know if someone has the right answer coz in this case Australian is not the receiving country which is unusual. i am really hopig if someone can help me on this. very much appreciated.

Thank you folks.

3 hours ago, sam singh said:

My brother in law (wife's brother) wants to adopt our 3yo daughter. she is already living with them in India. I spoke to intercountry adoption dept but they have not come across such case.Victoria dhhs are not easy to get hold of. they keep telling us that somene will call us. i dont know if someone has the right answer coz in this case Australian is not the receiving country which is unusual. i am really hopig if someone can help me on this. very much appreciated.

Thank you folks.

Your reasons for this are of course very personal, but I would say that it could work against you should you and your wife wish your daughter to come to Australia in the future. Whether she is adopted or  not you remain her biological parents and eventually she is able to make her own decision in life as to where she wants to live /be with! I would be looking at this situation from a variety of angles before signing away your own flesh and blood.

• Like 1

Guest The Pom Queen
9 hours ago, sam singh said:

Thank you folks.

Are you still classed as Indian citizens? If so then I think the easiest way would be to sort this from India especially as your daughter isn't living here.