April 2017 Visa Submission - Discussion

joeh99

Hi guys,

I've been following this forum throughout my whole visa process. Now that I have completed my meds and all has been submitted, I would be interested to see who else has/is submitting their application this month.

I am a 29/single man, so hopefully that will work in my favour with regards to processing time!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chrischatt

Hi Joe

we are in the same boat. Application in as teachers. All meds done, everything preloaded, application went in yesterday. The waiting begins. Hoping to move to Perth's northern suburbs as well. 

Hi Chris,

It is comforting to hear of people in the same position. There are a few people on here who have recently recieved a visa grant after two weeks or so. Fingers crossed that applies to us also! Very anxious and keen to hand my notice in!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

We have gone through an agent for our application (189 visa) and submitted the last of the requested info (form 80, medicals and UKPCC) on 3rd May so just waiting patiently. Immi is showing 'Assessment in Progress' so hoping it doesn't take the 5 months they are quoting as current timescale! 

Would be good to know how other people in same situation are getting on 

Hi Dawn,

What MIRA agent are you using and what is your profession? I am also going through an agent and I am a Secondary School Teacher.

I lodged my application on 21/03 and my Meds/police checks were finalised on the 18/04. Praying it doesn't take 5 months!!

11 hours ago, joeh99 said:

Hi Dawn,

What MIRA agent are you using and what is your profession? I am also going through an agent and I am a Secondary School Teacher.

I lodged my application on 21/03 and my Meds/police checks were finalised on the 18/04. Praying it doesn't take 5 months!!

Hi Joe

We have used Go Matilda (Alan Collett) and they have been really helpful

My husband is a self employed bricklayer so he is the main applicant with me as the hanger on! :) (My occupation isn't on the skilled list)

Fingers crossed we all get some good news soon

Hi all,

I've just received my invitation to apply for the 189. I'm applying an adding on my partner too. Got a slight problem listing all education history - are GCSEs necessary to add?? It won't let me go to the next stage as says they are duplicates - i.e. each GCSE that I've listed (guessing start and finish dates)

I've checked 'no' for the medical also - should I do this now? if so, how? Doing this independently without an agent.

Any help/advice much appreciated!!

I'm sorry - I can't really help with this one. I went through a MIRA agent. With the medicals; however, you can either wait until a CO is assigned after lodging your 189 visa and they will ask you to complete the meds or do them beforehand when you have a HAP number.