Removals mainland Europe to melbourne

kmrg

Hi all

We are finally moving to Melbourne in July and just trying to arrange removals. We are currently living in the Netherlands for my husbands work, and have all our things with us as his company paid for it to be moved over here from the UK. 

I did want to use a medium movecube as we are not really taking any furniture so won't need a container. I got a quote from Sevenseas but it appears that half of the cost is due to the fact that a driver will be coming over from the UK to deliver the crate. It seems a bit crazy to pay 600 Euro for someone to drive over from the UK, I am now wondering if I should get it all in a van and drive it back to UK myself and pack the crate there.

Does anyone have any experience of other companies which are based in mainland Europe which can help? 

Many Thanks,

kmrg

Hi Kmrg,

Lots of other removal companies offer part load / shared container services, have you had any alternative quotes? If not it is worth getting comparison costs to see if this is cheaper than paying for them to drive to the Netherlands or for you to hire a van and drive it back... 

The FIDI website has a list of certified international removals companies which makes a great place for a shortlist, when you contact them just ask about Shared Container or Part load services and they will be able to help! If you're keen to work with a UK Company then you could also get some quotes from companies based in the UK as well as in the Netherlands to compare costs as some UK companies will have their own crews who operate in Europe all the time anyway or work with regular Dutch partners who make frequent trips between anyway so might be able to offer a more cost effective collection. 

Worth checking those costs alongside your van hire, fuel and ferry/tunnel costs and your time to evaluate what's the best option for you. 

Hope that helps?

Kirsty 

• Like 1