Parent Visa

Sim1

I am looking for advise for the easiest / quickest option to move my Mom out here to Australia from the UK. I have my PR and going though my Citizenship now; my sister is also here and has her PR we are the only children and both live here. My Mother is retired and wants to be here with us and her grandchildren she has no other family in the UK. Please can someone offer us some advise on this or can recommend a great Immigration agent that can help us - we are based in Sydney. Much appreciated! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sim1 -

If you're planning on your mother applying onshore, this can be tricky as the visas that would be processed in any reasonable time are the contributory parent visas (subclass 143 and 173) and the contributory aged parent visa (subclass 864) which has an age limit - hence the reason for Alan's question above I expect - note that the 143 and 173 applications do not provide a bridging visa, even if you apply while the applicant is onshore. The 864 does provide a bridging visa to allow the applicant to remain onshore until the application is decided however.

There is also the 804 onshore aged parent application that provides a bridging visa, but processing times for this visa are estimated by DIBP to be 30 years, so generally not practical unless the applicant wants to spend the rest of their lives on a bridging visa (some in fact don't mind this!).

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

• Like 1