CSOL List, Help needed!

Hi,

Im hoping someone can help me understand how the CSOL list!?

Im from the uk with the dream to move down under, however my occupation (horse trainer) is only on CSOL list what does this mean? Is it still possible to eventually get permanent residency?

Has anyone gained residency with a job on CSOL list?

thanks

Occupations only on the CSOL can get a permanent residence visa, but need either state or business sponsorship. State is by far the better as it comes with less strings and usually businesses only sponsor via a 457 visa which is temporary. 

So, the first thing you need to do is check each state lists to see if any are sponsoring. Then look at border.gov.au at the 190 visa and the 489. The 190 is the better. 

If you see anything marked 'special conditions apply' or 'Schedule 2' then that particular occupation will typically require Australian work experience in that state or a direct job offer.

Those unfamiliar with the CSOL state lists can be easily caught out by this, as it appears from first glance that they are 'on the list'.

Regards,

Richard

MARN 9905168

Edited by Richard Gregan

On 4/12/2017 at 6:58 AM, Mel Hughes said:

Hi,

Im hoping someone can help me understand how the CSOL list!?

Im from the uk with the dream to move down under, however my occupation (horse trainer) is only on CSOL list what does this mean? Is it still possible to eventually get permanent residency?

Has anyone gained residency with a job on CSOL list?

thanks

You will need to do some research or consult with a Registered Agent for an assessment.

You can start by researching subclasses 190, 489, 186, 187 and 457.

As others have said, CSOL list occupations need sponsorship. My occupation was CSOL and I got sponsored by Victoria for a 190 visa (permanent residence visa). If I've got the right occupation code for you (361112- horse trainer), looks like Tasmania or South Australia are you only options, although South Australia is a special conditions sponsorship which means you need high points (80 I think).

Sent from a really tiny keyboard - pardon random autocorrects and fat-finger typos