Hgv driver moving to Victoria

Scotsbird

My chaps a 62 year old hgv driver moving to Melbourne, are there plenty of hgv jobs around for a guy of his age.  Will he need to resit the driving test out in Oz or can he transfer the gb one over. What sort of cost if he needs to resit it. 

Edited by Scotsbird

• 2 months later...

Hi there I've done it was a class 1 driving tankers in the U.K.   He will need to sit a test for his licence. There called heavy rigid which is class 2. And heavy combination which is class 1. There's also multi combination which is the road trains. Will take him roughly 1 or 2 days depending which one he goes for. Cost is approx 800$.  He will have to pass the smaller truck test before he can get in the bigger truck. All the trainers also test you so it's a lot easier than the test in Scotland he'll have no bother. Need any further info just msg me I drive trucks here for 2 years working all over.  Good luck

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/06/2017 at 12:13, Scrfoggy said:

Hi there I've done it was a class 1 driving tankers in the U.K.   He will need to sit a test for his licence. There called heavy rigid which is class 2. And heavy combination which is class 1. There's also multi combination which is the road trains. Will take him roughly 1 or 2 days depending which one he goes for. Cost is approx 800$.  He will have to pass the smaller truck test before he can get in the bigger truck. All the trainers also test you so it's a lot easier than the test in Scotland he'll have no bother. Need any further info just msg me I drive trucks here for 2 years working all over.  Good luck

Hi I’ve got my Uk hgv class 1 just moved to Melbourne with my family and looking at doing my ticket over here! Where do you start doing hgv over here? 

• 2 weeks later...