Rabies vaccination for cats

Deee

Hello everyone, we are taking our cat back to the UK shortly and her rabies jab is due soon. I've been concerned about the vaccine ever since looking at the side effects on the internet (probably shouldn't have looked), in regards to it causing cancerous tumours and having a higher risk of a bad reaction following the jab. I know its a must if she is to come with us, I guess I'm just seeking some reassurance from those who have had it done. Like most of you, we love our cat dearly, so naturally worry. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Hi. Every cat will be different and some (like humans) will have reactions and some won't. We've had the injection twice in the same cat (as we were going to move a few years ago but didn't end up going and had the jag again earlier this year). Our cat had zero side affects on either jag. Has your cat had side affects from jags before? Speak to your vet if you have concerns. Wish you all the best, we love our cat too!

Edited by Guest

We were very nervous about our little dog - about half the size of a cat and has a long history of adverse reactions to vaccinations to the extent the vets recommended he had testing on immune system ability rather than have normal immunisation. But he was fine with the anti rabies jab. 

• Like 1