Withdrawing Aus pension if PR visa expired?

goodeyemight

HI

We moved back to the UK and our PR visa had expired. Does this now allow us to withdraw our Australian pension that we paid while we were there? I know temporary visa holders can get there pension when they leave and wondered if PR visa holders can if the visa is expired? 

Thanks

You might have an expired visa but for super (pension) purposes you are stilled classed as a permanent resident in Austealia. I know this because I looked in to having my contributions back but have to wait until retirement age. As far as I am aware only temp visa holders can claim back.

17 minutes ago, goodeyemight said:

Our visa has expired. We have to apply for another 5 year extension within the next month or we lose it altogether.

I would definitely be applying for the 5 year RRV if you have that option to keep your options open in the future plus it's easier the sooner you do it.

8 hours ago, goodeyemight said:

Our visa has expired. We have to apply for another 5 year extension within the next month or we lose it altogether.

Your PR visa does not expire. You have the right to live permanently in Australia. Its the travel portion which expires and for which you can get a 5 year RRV allowing travel for another 5 years. But the right to live in Australia once you hve travelled there is held in your PR visa, which is permanent unless you ask DIBP to cancel it. Its not a 5 year extension to PR, its a 5 year visa which gives you, as a resient, the right to return.