Pro rata salary calculator Australia

Hi

I've searched online and can't seem to find an Australian calculator online for working out pro-rata salaries. I've been researching many part time roles and they all state 0.6/0.8 (etc..) FT equivalent. There's a really helpful pro rata UK salary online however I just can't find one for Australia.

Does anyone know where I could find this? Thanks.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, robfromdublin said:

Just multiply the annual salary by the amount you are working no?  So a 3 day week at a $5,000 salary pro-rata would be $30,000

Forgive me on this, maths is not my strong point! So if a job is advertised at 0.6 FTE would that be three days?

1 hour ago, Ozzie said:

Forgive me on this, maths is not my strong point! So if a job is advertised at 0.6 FTE would that be three days?

Yes it is.  Usually jobs give the full time salary and the part time fraction so to get the part time salary you just multiply the full time salary with the fraction.  So, if the job is advertised as $100,000 for 0.6FTE pro rated the salary for the part time hours would be $100,000 x 0.6 = $60,000 a year.  You can them stick this in the pay calculator to get the actual amount you would get paid each fortnight/month.  I've been working part time for most of the last 15 years - you get used to the terminology after a while.

Thanks @NicF makes sense now! I've only ever worked full time and have never had to deal with 0.8 or 0.6 etc.. annoyingly lots of adverts I've looked at recently don't state the Full time hours however, just 0.6 of FT so I'm just going with the average assumption of 38 hours.

Edited by Guest