Which SOL Jobs dont need work experience

Hi,

at the moment I have the possibility to build a new skill. Actually I could do anything. That is why I am asking which jobs on the SOL list have no work experience needed to get the 5 year visa? I know nursing and physiotherapy dont need any work experience after the education to get the visa.

Regards,

NTRunner

Edited by NTRunner

I am not sure I understand, but if you mean permanent visas, they are not 5 year visas. They are as said, permanent. The travel portion can expire after 5 years.

If this is what you mean, the there are a number of occupations that don't require post qualification experience.

These are some:

Accounting, nursing, a number of engineering roles such as electrical engineer / mechanical engineer and others.

However, I would not recommend you study in order to gain a visa, but study what you want and then see if it qualifies. All of the roles require long and hard study over years - at lest 3 and often more. In which time it is pretty likely the entire system could be changed. At the very least, a number of them may be removed from the lists and no longer be eligible. The lists change every year

Also, certain skills assessment authorities may require some work experience just to get through the assessment, regardless of visa requirements.

Nursing comes to mind. ANMAC needs a minimum of three month's full time paid work experience as a registered nurse, post-qualification, in the last five years. So you need to check individual skills requirements as well.

Regards,

Richard

MARN 9905168

Nursing and other medical are some of the hardest and most complicated to get through. I am applying for a skills assessment as a mechanical engineer which is far more straight forward however harder to get a visa due to pro-rata invitations and likely to be removed from the SOL. 

Don't pick a occupation just because its on the SOL as the SOL can change at any time, you could spend 2 years of a 3 year degree to find the occupation is no longer on the list and your back to square one, so pick something you are happy to do regardless, on a side note Engineering is a very hard subject to study even though it is simple to be accepted by Australia due to the Washington accord.

Steve

2 hours ago, NTRunner said:

Do you know, if you are physiotherapist or nurse, if your skills get assessed and how much it would cost? Or is the application pretty straight forward?

@VERYSTORMY

Which other jobs else do you know? I am going to choose something which interests me the most.

Of course they get assessed. If you look on the ANMAC website you will find the details that you need to privide about your course, qualifications, experience etc. My OH always says being a nurse is a vocation, not a job. Don't do it just for the visa.

Sure I would only do what I am interested in. I have a Bachelor of science in applied computer sciences. Unfortunately I have no work experience which would count... I could do a master in some not so distant field (any suggestions which would help getting a visa in australia?) But I am interested also in the social sector where I already did several internships.

For physiotherapists, I did find the following fees, but I am unsure which fees would apply:

Australian Physiotherapy Council https://physiocouncil.com.au/for-physiotherapists/assessment-fee-schedule/

Assessment for General Registration

Standard Assessment pathway

Eligibility Assessment $1,100.00 per application
Written Assessment $1,900.00 per application
Clinical Assessment $4,125.00 per application

The minimum cost of the Standard Assessment pathway is $7125.00

Assessment for Skilled Migration

Assessment of Qualifications only for Temporary (Graduate) visa applicants $200.00 per application
Complete Skills Assessment for Permanent Residence visa applicants $1650.00 per application

Which fees are applicable if you want to migrate as a physiotherapist? Assesment for General Registration or Assessment for Skilled Migration?

Edited by NTRunner

The visa side would be the permenant residence visa fee of $1650. You would also need then the appropriate registration to work this may be the equivelance application of $2200. All the info is on the site you have linked above. 

On ‎8‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:46 PM, NTRunner said:

Sure I would only do what I am interested in. I have a Bachelor of science in applied computer sciences. Unfortunately I have no work experience which would count... I could do a master in some not so distant field (any suggestions which would help getting a visa in australia?) But I am interested also in the social sector where I already did several internships.

For physiotherapists, I did find the following fees, but I am unsure which fees would apply:

Australian Physiotherapy Council https://physiocouncil.com.au/for-physiotherapists/assessment-fee-schedule/

Assessment for General Registration

Standard Assessment pathway

Eligibility Assessment $1,100.00 per application
Written Assessment $1,900.00 per application
Clinical Assessment $4,125.00 per application

The minimum cost of the Standard Assessment pathway is $7125.00

Assessment for Skilled Migration

Assessment of Qualifications only for Temporary (Graduate) visa applicants $200.00 per application
Complete Skills Assessment for Permanent Residence visa applicants $1650.00 per application

Which fees are applicable if you want to migrate as a physiotherapist? Assesment for General Registration or Assessment for Skilled Migration?

If you want to work as a physiotherapist in Australia then both fees are applicable. You have to pay for the Assessment for Skilled Migration to be able to get a visa. That means DIBP will allow you in and allow you to work - but not as a physiotherapist. To work as a physiotherapist you need to be registered with the Australian Physiotherapy Council. Obviously you don't pay for that registration until after you've got your visa - but I'm confused as to how you're going to pass either assessment if your qualification is in computer science.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Podiatry is an option too. No experience needed if you can get the required points by other means, but you really have to love it, visa or no visa.
I don't think I'd have started my podiatry degree if australia hadn't been on my mind; but in no way could I have done it just for the visa. I was lucky that my urge to have a career, rather than a job, led to a win win situation if I ever choose to pursue PR

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1