189/190 Australian experience points

Hi everyone, qualified sparky currently working through the process towards either 189, 190, 489 or spouse visa for Northern Territory. Got my skills assessment in the morning at the down under centre in London and IELTS on the weekend. I've been in Australia the last 2 years WHV and for the best part of 1 1/2 of them i was working for electrical companies in the NT doing the majority of the work and alongside A grade sparks. Question is because i wasn't qualified there, can i use it towards skillselect points as inside australia experience? Thanks

1 hour ago, woody2709 said:

Hi everyone, qualified sparky currently working through the process towards either 189, 190, 489 or spouse visa for Northern Territory. Got my skills assessment in the morning at the down under centre in London and IELTS on the weekend. I've been in Australia the last 2 years WHV and for the best part of 1 1/2 of them i was working for electrical companies in the NT doing the majority of the work and alongside A grade sparks. Question is because i wasn't qualified there, can i use it towards skillselect points as inside australia experience? Thanks

Unfortunately only experience after the qualification was obtained is considered skilled. Be careful what you claim for as it can end up in refusal. Good luck at DU Centre :)

Yeah passed my exam according to the examiner in London, Was surprisingly easy compared to what i expected. AM2 is 5x harder. Yeah Nikki was my agent and she was great! Explained that i could do my online theory exams here which is great as i have not long returned from australia and currently unemployed while i sort all this visa stuff out and get back out there to my fiance